Brain washed generation

Brain washed generation

Fashion, Lifestyle

I’m not sure I’m part of the brain washed generation, but then again, who wants to be part of that? I think every generation regards the following generation as the brain washed one and thinks of their own as the best there is. But then again, is it really so?

I mean, through my life I’ve been brain washed into thinking a lot of things. Like when I went to school in the US I was brain washed into thinking that it was the greatest nation on earth and Europe merely consists of France and some place called Rome. Once back home in Sweden I kinda realized that wasn’t the case though. But I do love what my time in the States taught me. It taught me a lot of things that can’t be taken away from me:

1. Be proud of who you are and where you come from.
2. To be polite, curious and eloquent.
3. That America truly is a great country, no matter what stupidities are going on over there right now.
4. That I’m moving back there in a split second when the right opportunity shows up.

So to summarize, Americans might be a bit self centered, but then again, why not. For me America is NYC, Miami, Key West, LA and SF and then there’s a huge wasteland somewhere in between and I suppose that’s where all Trump-voters live, but hey, we have rednecks in Europe too (Hello Brexit!!!!) So, brain washed or not. I’m hereby declaring I love the States no matter what.

iPhone Image D8C7B4iPhone Image D8C79ASweater: Eleven Paris
Jeans: H&M
Shoes: Lacoste

Photos: Johan Rastenberger

1. Eric K
    Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 03:06 PM

Love it bro .. We are all part of brainwashing one way or the other. And I hope the land of opportunities will have an amazing opportunity for you, so you can move here ??????

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:19 PM

I can’t wait to make you company Eric! 😀

Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 03:30 PM

I agree, we are all part of this brainwashed generation and in the herd behavior mentality, even when it comes to the little things. It is sometimes hard to be original but each person should stand out in their own way and embrace who they are. That being said, while the US has its own issues, I still am proud to be an American and grateful for the opportunities that are provided in the States. =) xoxo, Christine

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:19 PM

And by all means you should be proud! It’s a great country, and you’re one special American Christine! 🙂
      Thomas

3. Kreshma
    Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 03:31 PM

Seriously in love with this post. I will share this post with my friends as well ♥️

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Aww Kreshma! Thanks <3

4. Sofia
    Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 06:11 PM

Haha so true! New york, Cali och Florida. Vad är resten?!

Det jag älskar mest med USA är möjligheterna, du kan liksom känna lukten av det när du landar på LAX… Eller var det bara smog? 😉

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Hahaha, det är nog eh en blandning av en hel del tänkbara ingredienser som vi nog inte ska tänka närmare på utan bara njuta 😀

Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 07:32 PM

Love how you styled that sweater! Can never go wrong with a good monochromatic look. Hope you’re having a fantastic week so far, Thomas xo, sharon

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Thanks Sharon! You’re a sweetheart!
      Weeks great so far dear, hopefully you’ve had a good one too!
      Thomas

Wednesday August 31st, 2016 at 08:59 PM

Interesting point of view. I agree it can be so easy to be part of the rain washed generation as we are all conditioned to think a certain way by our environment. But education beats ignorance ?

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:22 PM

So very true Bernice! So let’s keep us self up to date what ACTUALLY is going on in the world and hence beat ignorance. 🙂
      Thomas

7. Adelina
    Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 04:00 AM

I agree with your POV. Being an immigrant myself to this country, I grew up being brainwashed. Truth is, anywhere you live you must remain true to yourself and listen to your gut feeling, and also do your own research on matters. I’ve had to definitely do a lot of that (thank you www and Amazon for books), and forming your own opinion in this country is a must (so much information on the news is filtered beyond reality) but having the choice of Europe vs. I keep choosing to live in the US and vacation in Europe where all of my family is. I just love California and can’t seem to ever leave. Great post and i love your Lacoste sneaks! xo, Adelina

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Thursday September 1st, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for the input Adelina! As an “outsider” you truly know what I mean as well. Can’t wait to join you in Cali some day! 🙂
      Thomas

8. Esra
    Saturday September 3rd, 2016 at 09:34 PM

Dear Thomas! Of course we all are brain washed, even more than we realize. We most things we think we don´t really think by ourselves, our expectations on our lifes, our ideal of beauty or love etc etc. I think it is important to be aware of this case and take the opportunities to use our brains and free it from patterns which were forced to us from the exterior. You see, I am a little revolutionary :DDDD
    Thank you for this important topic!
    And of course I love your outfit <3
    Btw, I answered on your comment on my blog <3
    xo
    Esra

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Sunday September 4th, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Esra, I know you’re a revolutionary, at least a fashion revolutionary 🙂 You’ve got the most amazing style ever! <3
      Thomas

9. Mandy Arisa
    Saturday September 3rd, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Definitely agree with you 4 points up there! You look fantastic in that sweater by the way!

X Mandy

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Sunday September 4th, 2016 at 12:53 AM

You’re such a sweetie!
      Thomas

10. Salomon Shoes
    Thursday September 22nd, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for every one of your work on this web page.Your informative tutorial implies much a person like me and further more to my colleagues.
    Salomon Shoes http://www.salomonshoes.org