Fake army

Fake army

I used to surround myself with an army of fakes. Fake friends, fake colleagues and even I was a total fake. Thank God that is a thing of the past. Nowadays I don’t do fake. I see if someone’s fake from miles away and I can honestly say that everyone that are actively part of my life today are extremely well chosen (yes, chosen) and have passed hard tests and criterions set by me. Most of the time people in my life aren’t even aware of that they’ve gone through this process, but if you’re one of those people who I hang out with I can tell you, you have.

I’m not saying I’m totally anal when it comes to friends. Although they might be semi-somewhat like minded and have the same values as I do, there’s a huge diversity both in age, gender and personalities who fit into my gallery of friends. Even their looks vary. Some are preppy, some are street, some are grand old dames and some are filled with piercings. The latter would never have happened in the past. I judged the book by the cover real hard. I was VERY judgmental to be honest. That is one thing that I have actively worked on and now I see the person and their personality instead of what category the person superficially appears to fit into at first sight. I welcome all kinds of people to be my friends, but I still have criterions. I do not include people in my life who drain me out of energy. I do not include rude or unsophisticated people either. My friends and the people in my life are the ones who give me energy, comfort and joy. They’re part of all aspects of my life, but in different ways. I’m not saying you’re lucky to be in my life, I’m just saying you’re special. To me.

As I meet new people on a daily basis I’m very analytic of who I actually meet. I am very good at reading people without them even noticing it. I LOVE meeting new people. Like Becca who took these shots of me in London. She’s a total doll and we clicked from the second we met. I usually know within 30 seconds if I like a person or not. Does that sound narrow minded? Maybe. But then again, I don’t want to walk around with a fake army anymore.
_mg_7976 _mg_8017 _mg_8032 _mg_8047

Disi

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:52 PM

Thanks a lot sweetie 🙂
      Thomas

Sunday September 11th, 2016 at 08:30 PM

OBSESSED with this camo jacket! I love it and I love that you added that pop of orange to these photos! Great layering and cannot agree with you more regarding fakes and spotting them. I think as we get older too, it’s easier to realize who your true friends are!

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Thanks a lot Christine 😀 And very true indeed, the older we get, the easier it gets. Hence I’m glad to have you as a friend! 🙂
      Thomas

3. Kreshma
    Sunday September 11th, 2016 at 11:01 PM

I am stealing those Gucci shoes from you .. ♥️?

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Haha, Kreshma! Come get em, or maybe we could have joint custody? 🙂
      Thomas

Sunday September 11th, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I always love your style! awesome shoes 🙂
    xo, Gina

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:54 PM

Thanks Gina! You’re such a sweetie 😀
      Thomas

5. come diventare consulente d immagine
    Monday September 12th, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Adoro il tuo outfit.
    Labbinamento dei colori è perfetto per il tuo stile e le tue forme del corpo.
    I miei suggerimenti ed i servizi di consulenza d immagine avvalorano le tue scelte e la combinazione di elementi del guardaroba.
    Stai veramente molto bene.
    Bravissima.
    visitami

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:57 PM

Grazie mille, Elisa 🙂 Significa molto per me.
      Thomas

6. Diana A
    Monday September 12th, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Love your style. I had fake friends too…lol then I realized it wasn’t worth it! It’s so much better dealing with people you can trust. Wishing you a stylish week ahead.

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:57 PM

Thanks a lot sweetie! Life’s so much better when you’ve got true friends surrounding you!
      Thomas

7. Jalisa
    Monday September 12th, 2016 at 05:56 PM

Thomas, I have to say this has got to be my most favorite post of yours so far, for a number of reasons. First, I love everything about this outfit, I’m a sucker for all things camo and I love the saying in the back, which brings me to the next point I love, which is how real you are with what your expectations are, as well what some of your own personal shortcomings have been and how you’ve actively worked on improving yourself, something I strive to do daily as well. I think we owe it to ourselves to be selective with who we allow in our lives because, unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don’t have the best of intentions and can end up draining us, like you’ve said, as well as waisting our time. As I’m getting older, I’m beginning to really value my time more because I’m realizing how fast it goes and how I can never get it back and I rather not spend it doing something or being with someone who makes me unhappy all the time. Of course there are times we need to be there for those who are going through a rough moment, but when it becomes consistent, it’s a problem. Again, such a great post, I truly enjoyed reading! I hope you’re having the best start to your week so far and thanks so much for sharing!

XO,

Jalisa

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:59 PM

Jalisa, having had quite a rough day your comment made me smile for real. We need to meet up as you’re exactly the type of person I want to have in my life! 🙂 Hopefully you’ll have a great week ahead!
      Thomas

Monday September 12th, 2016 at 09:09 PM

It’s so easy to get caught up with the wrong people. Definitely great you’ve started being with better people and being more selective. We are the company we keep ?

Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 11:15 PM

That shopping bag is HUGE! What did you buy?

As for your post, I could totally relate. Especially being in the blogosphere, there are so many people who are fake nice and fake supportive; sometimes it’s hard to tell the two apart. This is why I usually keep my distance and don’t really open up to people completely until I know for sure I can trust them. Amidst all this, I think it’s just important to focus on yourself and do good when you can. You’re a sweetheart and people will definitely know you as a great person, Thomas! xo, sharon

10. Adelina
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I really can align with your values on friends! It is so important to keep those that bring is energy, comfort and joy. You know what though, sometimes these people can be hard to find too! I’ve recently moved to a small town and can’t find enough amazing people as when I was living in a more densely populated area. Not to say that they don’t exist, but that we should really cherish the ones that touch our hearts. In 30 seconds or for 30 years! Thanks for sharing 🙂
    xo, Adelina

11. sofia
    Wednesday September 14th, 2016 at 08:59 AM

Kan verkligen hålla med dig här. Att vara uppväxt i en småstad i jordnära Norrland och sedan flytta till en av världens mest ytliga och falskaste städer i världen (LA) var rätt tufft. Jag tappade bort mig själv ett tag och trodde att allt handlade om utseende och status. Som tur var blev min flytt hem en rejäl tankeställare och nu har jag verkligen hittat tillbaka till mig själv. Har “rensat” bort 90% av alla som jag brukade umgås med (skulle aldrig ens kalla dem vänner, de fanns där i framgång men absolut inte i motgång). Jag blir glad av att läsa detta, vet att det finns fler som går/gått igenom samma sak. Stay true to yourself <3