Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation

There are times when life seems like a big black void. Tonight’s one of them. After all I’ve achieved, all the personal growth I’ve gone through and all great things I’m up to right now my life ought to be perfect. It ought to be at it’s peak. But it’s not. I’ve cried my eyes out. My stomach hurts as well as does my heart and I don’t know which one hurts the most. Probably it’s a combination of both. I know I’m not forgotten. I’m just… not in the picture anymore. I’m history. You however, you’ll always be a part of me. Past, present and future. I’m so thankful for having been given the gift to feel true, passionate love. It’s your birthday today. It’s been more than a year ago since we last spoke, although I talk to you every night. Sounds crazy I know. And I still hold your hand in mine, in mine when I’m asleep. May there come a brighter tomorrow.
_mg_7920 _mg_7935 _mg_7940Cap: H&M
Sweater: Pull & Bear
Jeans: Pull & Bear
Shoes: H&M

Photos: Rebecca Spencer

1. Sofia
    Monday September 12th, 2016 at 07:44 PM

Nämen vad är det som har hänt? :/

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Monday September 12th, 2016 at 08:51 PM

Gammal kärlek rostar aldrig. Idag var en sån där speciellt jobbig dag helt enkelt. :/

Monday September 12th, 2016 at 09:34 PM

Awww Thomas! Don’t be down! I’m so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a big black void. But, you look amazing and things will get better from here. Keep your head up! <3 xo, sharon

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for all your love Sharon! <3
      Thomas

3. Kreshma
    Monday September 12th, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Hey Thomas don’t be sad !! We are all here for you .. Tight hug ♥️

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Thank you so much Kreshma! You and the rest of the squad keeps me going!
      Lotsa hugs! <3

Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 02:54 AM

Thomas, I hope you feel better soon. I’m sending lots of sunshine your way, a big hug and kiss.

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Aww Gina. That sunshine made my heart a bit warmer and your hug made me feel a lot better!
      Kisses! <3

5. Michelle Sun
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 03:28 AM

Aww, this is such a personal and emotional read. Thank you for being honest with your feelings and I’m sure all of your readers love that you stay genuine and true on your blog, through good times and through vulnerable times. Sending lots of love your way! <3
    – Michelle Sun
    @missmisschelle

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:06 PM

That’s what I’m thinking Michelle. I’m not taking my readers on an emotional roller coaster ride, but I do have dips just as we all do and if I’m to stay honest and true I’ll take my readers with me on that ride. But all the love from you and many others make me feel so happy and lucky I’ve got such great friends!
      Lots of love coming right your way babe!
      Thomas

6. Mandy Arisa
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 12:27 PM

This was such a deep post! I hope you’re feeling okay and know you’ll never be forgotten <3

x Mandy

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Thanks Mandy! What you said actually hit me right in the heart, in a good way. I will never be forgotten. The thought of that makes me smile, and a bit teary eyed to be honest, but still.
      Thanks for all the love!
      Thomas

Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 03:27 PM

Awww, dear, don’t despair, there are good days and bad days and you will get through this too. Everyone leaves their own mark and you will never be forgotten! It is through these moments we grow and become stronger than we ever thought we could be. Sending you lots of love and warm thoughts! xoxo, Christine

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Christine my dear, your comments make me believe that life isn’t that bad after all. I’m so glad I’ve got you as a friend and thankful for life bringing us lot together!
      Lots of love right back at you!
      Thomas

8. Jalisa
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 04:17 PM

Thomas, I’m sorry you’re going through a difficult time right now. Know that you’re in my thoughts and I’m rooting for you in strength, comfort, and peace and based off the other comments here, you have the support and love of so many others, too! Sending lots of love and a huge hug your way!

XO,

Jalisa

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Dear Jalisa, strenght, comfort and peace is exactly what I get from reading your comment. The power of words is strong and I’m so glad you chose them so wisely!
      Lots of love and a huge hug back to you sweetie!
      Thomas

9. Mariann Yip
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 04:35 PM

I think we all go through phases of feeling down every now and then, but there’s so much more to be happier about so I hope you stay positive!

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:12 PM

I’m trying to keep my spirits up and stay positive! Thanks for the pep talk Mariann! ?
      Thomas

10. Skillberg
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 09:37 PM

Omg! You are totally in london! Enjoy it for me as well ?

• thomasfalkenstedt.com
      Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:13 PM

I totally was! Going back soon though! Maybe meet up when you’ve moved there?
      Thomas

11. Sydney Style Blogger
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Beautifully written Thomas and very touching. Perhaps one day you will share more about this heartache you’re feeling, I am so sorry to read of the distress. You are an amazing young man who has indeed achieved much. Keep your head up, as you said there will come a brighter tomorrow. Thanks for sharing something so deep xo

12. Adelina
    Wednesday September 14th, 2016 at 12:00 AM

This sounds so familiar! Don’t let today or tomorrow bring you down and drain you of your creativity and awesomeness! Sometimes life gets tough, and then tougher but we are always in control of our actions and attitudes. Sending warm thoughts your way! You are not alone or forgotten! It’s only human nature, and we all have these moments. Truth is, bright days are always in sight!! 🙂 xo, Adelina

13. Cielo
    Wednesday September 14th, 2016 at 02:12 AM

I so love that top! Love your awesome style! =)

– Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

Wednesday September 14th, 2016 at 04:16 AM

Love this black and white outfit!