Be yourself, be fabulous, be schizofrenic

Be yourself, be fabulous, be schizofrenic

Literally the most attractive thing about human beings is when they’re being their true selves. That’s a huge turn on for me. And for once I don’t mean a sexual turn on (even if it works between the sheets too). With self confidence and a personality to match it I’m bound to fall for a person whether it’s a friend, a business contact, that old lady selling bagels at Spitalfields Market in London, a lover, a neighbor or just a total stranger walking by (I think you’re getting the picture here so there’s no need to go on). Self confidence is sexy!

I meet a lot of people. Every freaking day. I’m also a people watcher. I watch people strolling the streets, sitting on benches, in shops and so on. I’m immediately drawn to people who stick out of the crowd. People who have that certain something that make them unique and they’d stand out even if they’d be surrounded by a crowd of thousands. I also immediately get an urge to make some sort of acquaintance with that person. I’m the kind of guy who can walk up to a person in the street, tell them “damn, you got great style, wanna meet up for a coffee some time?” and give them my business card. Some people are confused by my behavior, but the ones who aren’t are people who still are part of my life somehow even 15 years later. I’m a people person, but also a total lone wolf. I can be social for hours and surround myself with people that in some way or another boost me, but then I want to go to my own flat, lock the door and just hang out by myself. Netflix n chill with no pizza involved so to speak. Call me somewhat schizo, but that’s just who I am. 🙂

I suppose I ought to mention fashion here as well. If you follow me on Instagram you know I love statement tees. I also love combining high and low. Well, in this outfit I found a lovely sweater at H&M with Looney Toons on it (although I’m more of a Disney guy) and after having this photo shoot I realized my entire outfit actually came from H&M. So with a minimum budget I think I actually look quite fab. Or I don’t “think” I look fab. I AM fab. Why? Cause I’ve got self confidence!
20160824-dsc00989-edit 20160824-dsc01004-edit20160824-dsc01040Sweater: H&M
Jeans: H&M
Shoes: H&M
Bag: H&M

Photos: Hugo Hofverberg

Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 08:38 AM

It’s so important to be true to ourselves, but also get along with others. Self confidence is so attractive in a person, to see them be unequivocally themselves is refreshing in a world where people can try be something they’re not to fit into a certain mouldy that society has dictated we should be part of. stay true to you Thomas!

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Thanks Bernice! Let’s both stay true to ourselves!

• Deddeh Howard
      Thursday September 22nd, 2016 at 03:34 PM

Wow. My first time on your blog and I’m already in love. I agree with you, it’s so important to be yourself. It just makes life some much easier and fun. People will accept you and love you for who you are. Such a great post??

2. Heidi
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 08:39 AM

I hear you!
    I agree with you!
    I love you!

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Love you too!

3. Julia
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Love this H&M look – that sweater is great!
    I also really admire your self confidence! I’m a people watcher too, but wouldn’t be brave enough to go up to anyone!!
    Julia x

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:05 PM

It’s something that needs a bit of training, but I’m sure you’ll get there. 🙂

4. Eric K
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 01:25 PM

You are absolutely right on buddy. Being true is an attraction and turn on. For sure self confidence is the key. Love love love the sweater bro ??????

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Thanks so much buddy! 😀

5. Merima Kopic
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 03:38 PM

I agree you look fabulous, hah. Great styling.
    Can you follow me back?

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Haha thanks Merima! 😀

Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 03:39 PM

Okay, were we separated at birth? Because in the first few paragraphs you pretty much described me – twins! Social butterfly but I like to keep to myself. Someone once said that’s an introverted extrovert (or was it extroverted introvert? Eh, either one). I think I confuse people slightly, but hey, sometimes that’s the fun in it 😉 Also, I agree you look quite fab. H&M is my favorite place to shop, especially on a budget, and that Looney Tunes top is super cute (although, I’ll agree Disney is even better). Love this post!

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Haha, I’m quite sure we were! You sound like my long lost soul twin 🙂

Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 05:20 PM

LOL! Thomas your posts always crack me up. You and I would get along so well with those “that’s what she said” jokes. HA! Anyways, I really loved this post and couldn’t agree more with you — there is nothing more than authenticity in a person that is more attractive! This is why I love you because you always keep it real. Thank you for always sharing such interesting and insightful posts with us. You’re such a big inspiration! xo, sharon

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Hahaha, I know we right, we’d hit it off with a lot of other jokes as well!
      On a more serious note your words are so kind and I’m so grateful for having you as a friend!

Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 06:08 PM

This Daffy Duck sweater is too cute and I love the back of it. And totally agree, self confidence is the best accessory as they say so rock it. Nothing is more admirable than someone who owns it and struts it. Amen! xoxo, Christine

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Thanks sweetie! Let’s keep rocking!

9. Jalisa
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 06:47 PM

Thomas, I LOVE this post! It truly is a pleasure reading what you’ve got to say, honestly. You make me laugh, nod in agreement with many of the things you share, as well as cause me to think (in a good way! haha). I think confidence is truly something to admire because not many of us have it, so when we see someone who embodies this quality (obviously in a healthy dose!) it really is quite awesome. Plus, being around such people can bring out the best in you because those who are truly confident don’t mind complimenting and encouraging you, too! Like, for example, you have no problem going up to someone and sharing a compliment. I’m the same way. I really strive to encourage and build up others I come in contact with, in whichever way I can, there’s always something nice we can say to someone and it would make their day, some their entire day! I’ve told you this before, but I’m going to say it again, you need to have your own graphic tee collection, seriously! You always wear such fun and interesting graphics and it’s become somewhat of your signature, too! I love this all black look, which has some edgy undertones, but the graphic adds a bit of quirkiness to it; I LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing; I hope you’re having the BEST day so far!

XO,

Jalisa

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Jalisa, you seriously are the sweetest ever! I totally should think about starting my own business of selling graphic tees as I know I’d at least have one customer buying them 🙂
      Have a great day as well!

Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 09:30 PM

Thomas, I love your style, I have to express it each time that I have the opportunity 🙂 thank you so much for such a great post!
    kiss, kiss Gina

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:12 PM

And every time I’m equally grateful for such great compliments from you sweetie!

11. Diana
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Great style, you make low end look so high end! I can tell by looking at your pictures that you are a confident person. Hope you are having a great week.

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Thank you so much Diana! Compliments like that keep me going!
      Hope you’re having a great week as well!

12. Adelina
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 11:16 PM

I love reading your posts! So open, honest and personal!! Confidence, charisma, love for life … its all sexy! I believe that in order to be yourself, you have to feel comfortable within you own skin, and feel comfortable with your surroundings and life as a whole. Confidence can come and go so easily! You are fortunate to see so many people every day, not everyone lives in a city. There’s just something so fun to living in a city and interacting with people on the daily. Its my favorite thing ever! Thanks for sharing!! xo, Adelina

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Aww Adelina, thanks for your kind words! 🙂 But don’t think of the city as the only place where you can meet and interact with people in. You can do it equally well at your local supermarket, although I must admit the clientel might not be as exciting… Haha.

13. Caroline
    Tuesday September 20th, 2016 at 11:24 PM

I agree with this times a million! When people are confident it weirdly attracts me to them too. With fashion especially! When anyone acts like they own their look, I am sold.
    I adore your oversized sweatshirt & distressed jeans- super on trend without being over the top about it.
    Also, you are a great writer and seem so genuine! Love to have found you through insta xoxo

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Caroline my dear, you’re such a sweetie giving me such compliments! I’m overwhelmed 🙂

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 03:16 AM

I adore your donald duck sweater!! You’re looking so fab even in casual wear.

Wednesday September 21st, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Thank you so much Atsuna! 🙂

Thursday September 22nd, 2016 at 03:01 AM

I loved the intro to this blog post! I appreciate that you write about life and observations as well as fashion! Great post Thomas!

XX
    Lauren

thevoguespy.com

Thursday September 22nd, 2016 at 03:20 AM

Thomas! Thanks for the love on my blog! I totally love your post! Being yourself is such an important thing and confidence is definitely sexy and I love that about people I come across. You seem like a person I would get along with! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! BTW I love your style! So clean!

Wednesday October 5th, 2016 at 08:06 PM

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words Linh. And besides… I KNOW we’d get along really well 😀