My daily beauty routine

My daily beauty routine

Beauty & grooming

So people keep asking me, how the heck are you so darn pretty all the time? Well, uhm, they don’t, but I bet that’s what they’re thinking, so here’s basically what my day looks like when it comes to my beauty routine in November when it’s cold in Sweden and your skin needs some extra attention. This is a somewhat chronological “how I do it” list so hope you’ll find some of the tips useful.

img_8034

I actually use this facial cleanser both in the morning and when washing my face in the evening, but as it’s the first thing I use in the morning it’s first out on my list. I actually start by using this while showering which might be unconventional, but ever so careless and easy. The good part about this c/o Gerd facial cleanser is that for us men, it also works as a shaving gel and as I don’t enjoy spending that much time in the shower, that’s just perfect. Apart from that, it’s organic and Swedish, two qualities I’m always looking for in beauty products.

img_8037

Right after I’ve showered (and obviously dried myself with a towel) I apply deodorant to give it time to dry before I put clothes on. That’s important for two reasons:
1. If you put your clothes on when your deodorant is till wet it might stain on your clothes and especially if you’re wearing something dark it’s not pretty.
2. If the deodorant doesn’t absorb and dry on your skin, you’ll end up smelling at the end of the day and that’s basically why you’re wearing deodorant in the first place… to avoid just that.
This deodorant from c/o Gerd is also aluminium free (a must when I choose a deodorant) and unisex with a scent that doesn’t overpower any other scent you might be wearing.

img_8040

I’ve got hair. Lots of it. On my head that is. And it takes forever to dry. So what are you supposed to do? Dry shampoo is an option and finding a good one is honestly really hard. I have pictures of me, which I won’t post on my blog, EVER, where I basically have grey hair because of dry shampoo and that’s just not pretty. At all. That’s why I’m suggesting you’ll give this 2-in-1 styling product from KMS California a go as you can basically apply it to your hair when it’s dry (no washing needed, as I mentioned, that takes so much time, so I just comb my morning ruffles straight before spraying this on), style it up to my liking and wait for it to dry. In the meantime…

img_8042

…apply this simply wonderful Samurai moisturizer from Rituals that keeps me hydrated all through the day even though the weather might be crispy cold. Once that is applied, I’m now ready to brush out the dry shampoo.

img_8036

Although the sryling 2-in-1 does give you a lot of texture and volume, I sometimes want to style my hair a bit more. At occassions like that I like this V76 by Vaughn matte texturizing paste which isn’t hard as a rock, but still gives your styling a great deal of texture as well as flexibility at the same time.

img_8032

There, I’m all done with my face and hair and that’s when I apply hand cream. Moroccan Oil is primarily known for their hair products, but this hand cream absorbs so fast, so it’s one of my favorites at the moment. I get really dry hands, especially in the colder months, so I apply it throughout the day.

img_8035

Lip balm… Oh jeez, where do I begin? Some people claim (and I don’t believe them) that if you don’t use lip balm, you won’t ever need it, as your lips get addicted to being moisturized all the time. Well, in that case I’m an addict as I CONSTANTLY use lip balm. This one form Bull Dog is one of my favorites as it’s really good for dry lips and keeps you moister for at least 15 minutes at a time (haha, ok, I am an addict on lip balm) AND it’s really price worthy.

img_8029

As I get home from work, the first thing I do is to wash my face. Some people might argue that using a facial scrub every day is too often, but I don’t. Especially as I do have a tendency to get blemishes I feel this is a very important part of my daily skincare. This scrub from ZO is actually a semi medical treatment and Dr Zein Obagi who’s behind the brand is a MD. Nuff said!

img_8038

To sooth my skin I apply this night cream from La Roche-Posay. Sometimes I might stay up late and just before going to bed I realize I haven’t put any night cream on, but this cream which absorbs really fast is my fave as I can basically put it on a couple of minutes before I put my head down to rest on my pillow (or pillows as I have a fortress of like 5 pillows when I sleep, but hey, I’m single and have a king size bed, I need to fill it out with something).

img_8033

And here’s a favorite subject of mine… Masks. There are various masks for various purposes out there, but this Mádara mask is one of my favorites as it deep cleanses and detoxes your skin. You shouldn’t use a face mask more than 3 times a week, but you’re better off doing it on a regular basis as you otherwise might end up looking all gloomy with dead skin cells and all that. And once again, Mádara is organic (and from Latvia, never heard of a beauty product coming from there, so that adds to the cool factor), which is important to me.

1. michenn
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 04:11 PM

OMG I love that you shot this outside in the snow! Such a cool photography idea! Also, masks are my fave part of my skincare routine and that green detox one looks amazing. Thanks for sharing this!

michenn

michenn Chanel Slingbacks Review

Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 06:05 PM

Wow, what a great system and routine you have going with all these organic and natural products. My hubbie also has a lot of hair and needs some help in holding it together so I will have to look into that paste of yours. It’s nice that you take care of your skin bc most men don’t and I totally need to get my hubbie to use some of these things to protect his skin in the winter and overall. Thanks Thomas! xoxo, Christine

Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 06:43 PM

You certainly have a great beauty routine which is better than mine :). I always want to find a good dry shampoo so I don’t have to wash my hair every morning when mornings are ALWAYS so rush for me. I am also a loyal fan of Moroccan Oil products especially their shampoo and conditioner.

I am going to make my husband read this post and hoping he could learn some great tips from you :).

xo,

Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 06:49 PM

Hahaha you’re so funny, love your opening statement. I was thinking it tho, now I see why you look so good. Wish I can get my boyfriend to make time for beauty products. They’re such great help to your skin. Thanks for the tip Thomas.

Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 07:08 PM

Thomas…. it looks FREEZING where you took these pictures!!! WHY WOULD YOU TORTURE YOURSELF BY TAKING PICS OF PRODUCTS OUT IN THE SNOW?! Lol!! My astonishment aside, thank you for sharing these products. I had no idea you used so many products to look so pretty. But I guess it’s worth it, huh? I have heard great things about the Moroccan Oil hand creme before too and really want to try it for myself. My hands get so veiny and dry… blehck. I also need to introduce this post to my bf as he could definitely use some beauty tips… LOL! Thanks for sharing, Thomas! Love you xoxo, sharon

6. Darlene
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 07:23 PM

What? It’s snowing now on Sweden? wow thats so fast! I am still in fall wonderland here. Great selection of products. Can I use them too? hahaha kidding I’ll show this to my beau.

x
    Thenewgirl

7. Fe Samaia
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 08:49 PM

Wow it looks so beautiful where you took the photos Thomas! They turned out amazing 🙂 I had no idea that Moroccan Oil had products other than hair products.

Fe

8. Isabel
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 08:50 PM

Wow! Love the photos and your daily beauty routine! I need that mask now, I’m addicted to face masks and I’m always trying new ones ( my favs
    are from Caudalie, they’re great!).
    So, now that we all know why you look so gorgeous all the time, keep the good work, ok sweetie?!

Isabel

9. Molly Clifton
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 10:35 PM

OK, first! How fun that there’s snow. Second, you are brilliant! I love how well you take care of your skin and hair! You always look great so I know it is paying off!

Keep smiling!
    Molly | http://www.stylemissmolly.com

10. Open Kloset By Karina
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Dear Thomas:)
    Love your List and Rituals one of my Fav Brand:)
    Kiss Open Kloset By Karina

11. Josie
    Tuesday November 15th, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Oh dear! I’m obsessed with masks and the one you’re using seems so good! I’m also liking number 1, never tried swedish beauty products but I bet it’s excellent! Everything swedish is basically lol

Loved reading your routine Thomas!
    Thanks for sharing!

Bisous, Josie

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 01:09 AM

It’s so interesting to know what kind of products you use. I love how you shot the pictures outside to further illustrate the environmental factors of your product choices. How long did it take you to find products that work best for you?

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 04:14 AM

I’m also a bonafide lip balm addict (how can someone not use lip balm?!) I must admit, the colder air is definitely taking its toll on my skin, especially my hands. I’ll have to try that hand lotion from Moroccan Oil. Thanks for the tip!

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 05:05 AM

Omg the icy snow in the pictures! Is it really that cold out there? Make sure you stay warm!! Thanks for sharing all these amazing products to help make you pretty, because you are. Your daily routine is better than mine! Skin is certainly an investment! I’ll have to share these products with my bf 🙂

XO Jenn

15. Cece Lam
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 05:08 AM

Loving thse products!! great snaps Thomas :)!!

16. Alexandra
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 05:33 AM

Hi Thomas!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! You have such a perfect routine going on and I really love how majority of your products, if not, all of them are organic and/or natural! I am a firm believer in using many natural skincare products as they contain the least amount of harmful chemicals that cause a lot of reaction especially with sensitive skin!

P.S I literally laughed out loud at your opening paragraph, love your sense of humor!

Much love from NYC xx

17. Adelina
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 07:08 AM

I love so many of these products! I can’t help but notice all the frost in your photos and I recall my brother in law sharing that Sweden got its heaviest snow in over 100 years already this fall! Thank you for sharing these awesome products, my hubby needs some new ones! Xo, Adelina

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 10:05 AM

I love it when a guy is so on top of his skincare game!! I’ve never heard of some of these products but I might have to recommend some to my guy friends 🙂

19. Candace Hampton
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 02:13 PM

It’s very motivating to guys like my bf to see other men be so concerned about their skin. It took me forever to convince him how important this is. Looks like I have some ideas for his Christmas gifts. Thank you 🙂

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 02:30 PM

Omg I’ve been anxiously awaiting this post and I had so much fun reading it! I love your routine and now I’m desperate to try out so many new products (will they make me as pretty as you?) I’m just like you when it comes to lip balm, always needing it. I keep one by my bed, one in my purse (or each purse) one in my bathroom, one in my car…I think you get the idea. I’m an addict too 😉 Glad to know I’m not alone haha!

21. Lily
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 04:09 PM

Ohhhh I’m such a skincare junkie so I loved reading about your routine. Is that weird that I binge skincare videos on YouTube all the time?! I’ll need to show these products to my boyfriend, he’s been super into skincare lately too 🙂

22. Lily Rose
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 05:03 PM

Thanks for sharing your regimen! I need to share this with my husband, I’m sure he will be interested in some of these products. As for myself, I’d like to try that hand cream since that brand is so good with their hair products!

-Lily from http://www.withlovelilyrose.com

23. Miki
    Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 06:01 PM

These all sound great. I love morrocan oil for my hair but have never used their other products. My routine is usually most strict with my facial moisturizer and hair oils. Haha. Thanks for sharing.

Miki

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 07:47 PM

these products sound great! loving seeing skincare products from a guys perspective, thanks for sharing!

xo, samira

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 09:11 PM

You know waaaay more about skin/bodycare than I do! I really learned a lot and I myself love natural and organic products too because there are too many products with way to many harsh chemicals. I also want to try dry shampoo too! Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday November 16th, 2016 at 11:56 PM

Love how you photographed all these products in the snow. Somehow it makes them look even fresher! Mens products are always designed so cool and minimalist. I’m a huge fan of dry shampoo too! It’s great in a pinch.

Thursday November 17th, 2016 at 01:27 AM

It’s so cool to see a guy with a legit beauty routine and let me just tell you, yours is paying off!!

Thursday November 17th, 2016 at 06:29 AM

Hmm, I have not heard of most of these, but there are certainly some that I will have to suggest to my boyfriend! Thank you!

Thursday November 17th, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Of course everyone is wondering why you are so pretty! haha Thank you for sharing all of this! I should definitely tell my boyfriend to use some of your products! I wash my face everyday too when I get home or after the gym whichever is first. I have blemishes here and there because of my oily skin! But I do try to take care of it. So glad you are too! It is great to make time to take care of yourself!

Love, Linh

30. gracie
    Friday November 18th, 2016 at 02:52 AM

What a great routine, you have covered all the bases ! I am going to try the KMS 2 in 1 because I am always looking for a good dry shampoo but they always make my hair feel sticky or powdery. And you have great hair….. so I know this KMS has to be good 🙂 Thanks for the tips !
    xx, gracie

31. francesca
    Friday November 18th, 2016 at 07:44 AM

thanks for this! I always love seeing what other people use
    xx francesca
    Frank Vinyl : A California Fashion Blog

32. Brittany
    Friday November 18th, 2016 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for sharing!! Love learning about other people’s beauty regimen.

outofofficeny.com

Sunday November 20th, 2016 at 04:55 PM

I think you use more products than I do LOL. These sound great thou 🙂

Monday November 21st, 2016 at 02:32 AM

It’s so great that you’re a guy who takes care of your skin! I know so many guys that don’t and it’s a shame since we get a lot of UV damage from the sun on a daily basis. I’ll definitely share this blog post to my boyfriend for skincare product recommendations.

35. Marcy
    Monday November 21st, 2016 at 06:00 PM

Such a great post! Thank you for sharing your family routine! They all looked like great products!

36. gigi
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 11:56 PM

I need to try that Bull Dog lip balm! I’m also an addict lol and can never have too many! I’m always hunting for the next best one!! xx

37. Yuena Li
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 09:10 AM

What a hardworker. Taking amazing photos in the snow is so worth it though. The pictures came out beautiful!!!

With love,