Leman Locke – London

Leman Locke – London

Travel

During my last stay in London two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get to experience a real gem. I spent two nights at Leman Locke which is located in East London (well, depends on what “east” is nowadays as City and East have kind of intertwined and what you see on the Eastenders is a world that doesn’t exist anymore). East London is buzzing with culture, a lot of start ups and cool stores. Some people might still be like “I can only stay in Kensington and would never go to East London”. To that I say “get a life and be open for new things”. I’ve stayed in Aldgate before, but Locke is located closer to Shoreditch and literally 1 minute away from Aldgate East underground station and hence very convenient. So what is Locke? It is according to their own description “a design-led aparthotel for those who want to challenge the status quo, and experience the unique and authentic. Designed for travellers for whom a bed and shower in a shoebox isn’t enough, Locke immerses you in its neighbourhood’s culture through spaces that connect you to a community of like-minded locals and travellers.” I agree to all of the above and here’s why.
img_3778_79_80 img_3781_2_3

I got a room (or actually two) on the 22nd floor with astounding views. From my windows I could see the London Bridge as well as the tallest building in the UK, the Shard. I’m actually afraid of heights, but that only applies in places where I can see right through the floor such as in the Eiffel Tower (did it ONCE and can say I’ve done it, but never going back to that place). The apartment consisted of two contemporary design rooms out of which the first one was this bedroom with all the amenities you’d need such as USB chargers and a big LCD-TV and pillows so huge I didn’t feel all alone in the bed. As I lack a partner, hugging a pillow was the closest to sharing a bed with someone I could get, haha.

img_3806_7_8

By UK standards the bathroom was top notch and had all the essentials you’d need for a beauty routine. But as always I bought some of my own stuff to be on the safe side. Need I mention floor heating which is essential to me as I’m always freezing, especially in the mornings.

img_3815_6_7 img_3827_8_9 img_3830_1_2

The second room was a livingroom with an open kitchen section which is perfect if you’re planning a longer stay. I could seriously see myself living here for a month or so as it had a an owen, microwave, dishwasher and even a washing machine, all discreetly hidden behind these white doors. And all kitchen appliances from plates to saucepans to a water boiler were included in the fully equipped kitchen, so seriously, I want to move to this very apartment! And oh, one thing that’s important for us Europeans (sorry all British people), they had European sockets so you could charge your computer and other stuff in the kitchen area too.

img_3833

img_3913

As a blogger I found the comfy couch the perfect place to catch up on my daily load of work (and yes, it IS massive) while looking at British television (my guilty pleasure is Gogglebox and yes, I am ashamed of that) on the even larger LCD-TV in this room. I truly felt like a local living here as I could heat up my own food and drink tea and stuff and having a glimpse out the window every now and then pinching myself and thinking  it’s not a dream, quite the contrary, I’ll be living here soon.

img_3950 img_3962 img_3996 img_4005

Like I said, vertigo really wasn’t a big deal for me here although the windows were from the floor to the roof and I was basically leaning on them to soak in the atmosphere. I LOVE living as high up in a building as possible and am so lucky I got the chance to stay at the 22nd (and highest) floor. I had a truly unique experience feeling like a local and experiencing London from above. I will be back for fashion week in January so until then, have a wonderful Christmas dear Londoners!

Check out Leman Locke on their homepage here!

Photos: Jim Nilsson

Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 03:27 PM

that’s such an awesome opportunity! the view looks sooo amazing from the 22nd floor 🙂

2. Danielle
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 03:56 PM

I would totally move into this place! What a unique experience; I adore the open design (especially in the bedroom) and with those views, would totally feel right at home! If I were you I’d be extending my stay, haha.

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

3. Martin ebner
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 04:02 PM

Looks stunning!!! Great post buddy

4. Bethany
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 04:11 PM

Loving these shots! Looks like such a beautiful place!

http://www.simplybethany.com // Bethany

Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 04:18 PM

I love the contemporary look of this hotel. What a great experience to have. While I so envy all your wonderful travel experiences, I really appreciate you taking us along and seeing beautiful parts of this world. By the way, I am so afraid of the heights as well :).

Xoxoxo,

Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 04:41 PM

Whao!!! I don’t know which room I like the most the first or second both exquisite! The view must of been more breathtaking in person ? Contemporary decor is my favorite ?

7. Samantha
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 05:06 PM

Wow I love the decor! It sounded like an amazing time

8. frank lin
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 05:16 PM

Wow! This room looks insane – it actually looks a suite 😀
    And the view is just amazing..

xx frank

9. Fe Samaia
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 05:20 PM

Oh wow what an amazing opportunity! it looks like an amazing spot thank you so much for taking us along with you 🙂

Fe

Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 05:26 PM

Insanely luxe accommodations! You definitely got the treatment. I was just in London last year around this time. Thanks for this review. I might have to check this place out on my next visit. (hopefully soon) =)

11. Andreea Birsan
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 05:54 PM

That is such a great opportunity! Love how the room looks like, and omg that view is spectacular! Have a lovely week! <3

Andreea,

12. michenn
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 07:35 PM

UM that Kate Is My Ex tee is PERFECT. Can I have it?! Haha, love it. AND that hotel is fab! I would love to stay in one like that, the view is to freaking die for. I’ve never been to London, but if I could wake up to a view like that every day, I’d be so happy.

michenn

michenn Chanel Slingbacks Review

13. Megan
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 08:21 PM

That room is incredible! Great review, safe travels!

Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 09:22 PM

Wow, what a fab apartment! It is so large and spacious and I love the interior decor. So modern and blogger friendly. =) Location is everything when it comes to staying somewhere and it sounds like this was close to where you need to be! Love the bathroom and the bedroom size. I would want to move in myself! xoxo, Christine

15. Camille Nichelini
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 10:09 PM

This looks like a fantastic place to stay! I just visited London for the first time in May, but want to go back soon! Will definetly check this place out, thanks for sharing!

16. Lily
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Omg – that’s unreal. I need to stay here – I love the concept of bringing more to a hotel than just a bed and bathroom like you mentioned. This way is MUCH homier. LOVE the pics.

17. Ed from My Dapper Self
    Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 at 11:24 PM

This place looks fantastic, Thomas. A fresh concept that I would love try sometime – can you believe I have never ever been to London? Yeah, I know I am lame, but now you’ve given me some motivation to get my ass across the pond!

18. Kathryn
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 02:44 AM

Ahh love the design of this hotel room! such a modern & contemporary oasis. It sounds like such a lovely stay 🙂
    Xx, Kathryn

19. gracie
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 03:16 AM

Love the contemporary studio vibe. I am hoping to head to London this summer so I will definitely look into this. And the views are amazing 🙂
    xx, gracie

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 04:07 AM

Just curious why you were visiting London? For fun? I loved the apartment! So spacious, clean and TALL. I love high rises and the 22nd floor sounds amazing! And the view of the London Bridge? Wow!!

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 04:35 AM

What a cool looking space! I wish I could have known about Leman Locke when I was living there. Not that I could have afforded to live in a hotel/apartment haha!

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 04:40 AM

Yikes! Vertigo sounds awful. I get dizzy sometimes, but never due to heights. I love being up high!! Haha. Oh this couch!! The perfect pink! I love this room, the pastels are so pretty, but they have managed not to make it too feminine either. Thanks for the tip, I always ended up on the couch of a mates place when I have stayed in London, but I will eventually overstay my welcome and need to look for hotels!

23. Maggie
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 05:29 AM

It’s super posh here! I love the pastel color palette and the fact that you get such a great city view is amazing!

xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    ❤Clothestomidnight.com

24. Taylor
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 06:06 AM

Looks and sounds like such a great place to stay!
    Love the photos!
    xo.

25. Darci
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 07:15 AM

WOW!! How amazing is this place! I recently went to London this summer and I wish I stayed here. That bedroom, THAT LIVING ROOM, that bathroom, oh my goodness! Love that shirt on the bed too haha oh and heated floors? So great! xo, Darci

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 07:51 AM

Omgggg the view from this hotel is just STUNNING!!! Wow!!! So lucky Thomas! I wish I was there with you… haha. Reminds me of the good ol’ days when my boyfriend lived in a high rise building in downtown San Diego! The view was just phenomenal. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay love! xo, sharon

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 08:21 AM

OMG what an amazing opportunity! Staying here must have been so grand! The pictures are incredible and I’m quite jealous of that amazing view. Whenever I go back to London, hopefully I’d be able to stay at a place like this!

XO Jenn

28. Laurelle
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 06:42 PM

What a fun opportunity! That hotel is lovely inside, sounds like a great place to stay! And what a view!
    -Laurelle

29. Leila D.
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 06:44 PM

It’s a dream of mine to visit London. I love the interior, looks very beautiful and If in London I would surely check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 10:39 PM

It definitely looks like you had a delightful stay in London! The hotel looks so modern and I would definitely love staying at a place like that. Plus, that cityscape view from your window looks absolutely amazing!

31. diana
    Thursday November 24th, 2016 at 11:43 PM

what a great post. I would love to stay there

32. JT
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 04:11 AM

Oh my god! This hotel is freaking awesome, man! Seriously, I dig it 100 fold. The decor is so fresh and Summery – it almost should belong in Australia!

33. Morgan Klein
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 12:20 PM

This place looks amazing!! The view is gorgeous too! Thanks for checking. I will definitely have to check it out when I go to London!

Friday November 25th, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Love this accomodation! The pink coach in the lounge room is simply lovely 🙂

35. Josie
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 01:28 PM

Ok!! can I live there?! The pictures are so perfect and that bathroom is a dream! It must have been so fun to stay there and experience what this place has to offer!

Bisous, Josie

36. Darlene
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 03:59 PM

Totally loving the night shots! Did you use a flash or soething else? Inlove with the shot looking over the window!I wish I’m this good in taking interior shot.

x
    Darlene

37. Brittany
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 04:27 PM

OMG what a dream spot!!! Looks awesome!

outofofficeny.com

38. Open Kloset By Karina
    Friday November 25th, 2016 at 07:17 PM

Hey Thomas, Amazing Place:) in Love:)
    Hows you?
    Kisses

Friday November 25th, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Oh wow! I have to say I was anticipating this post from the very moment you put up your Instagram story from your stay! It looked so luxurious and modern. The kitchen with its cabinets that hide everything away is so unique and chic. It seems comfortable too, with the heated floors (YES) and that giant bed. Honestly, the view seems to die for as well (but I’m not afraid of heights, so I’d probably love it all the more). I’m so glad that it felt like home!

Friday November 25th, 2016 at 10:22 PM

This place looks amazingly beautiful Thomas! I love these pictures. Hopefully one day, I get to visit this wonderful city. Xx. Gina

Saturday November 26th, 2016 at 03:28 AM

OMG this hotel room is gorgeous! I love the living space and the pink couch. Plus the bathroom is so glamorous! This would be the perfect place to stay in London. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

42. Eric k
    Saturday November 26th, 2016 at 05:22 AM

This Post by far my fav buddy. here is Why: now i know where to stay when i go to London. I also like stating at Higher floors. My rule Higher the better. i absolutely in love with this place. Thank comfy couch is so great.
    Well, the only problem is that next time i also go to London, we don’t fight for this place.
    Perfection as always

Saturday November 26th, 2016 at 06:16 AM

Thomas! can you take me with you next time! This place looks freaked amazing! When I visit London, I will have to hit you up so you can show me around and give me great recommendations! The bed is sooo comfy! That bathroom is stunning and talk about that view outside the window! I am in love. Thank you for sharing.

Linh

Saturday November 26th, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Thomas, could I ask you a piece of advice? What camera do you use for such awesome photos?

45. Sarah
    Saturday November 26th, 2016 at 05:17 PM

Looks like an amazing stay! Wow, so gorgeous! Hope you enjoyed!

46. Lolita Mas
    Sunday November 27th, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Such a cool outfit! ❤️

47. Kirsten Thyra
    Sunday November 27th, 2016 at 11:57 AM

That place look absolutely amazing!

48. Konstantina Antoniadou
    Sunday November 27th, 2016 at 04:49 PM

this place looks absolutely amazing!And the view is breathtaking<3

Sunday November 27th, 2016 at 09:02 PM

Wow – what a beautiful space! And that view is amazing!

Monday November 28th, 2016 at 11:48 AM

What a beautiful hotel, which I knew this during my stay in London. It seems like the perfect vacation hotel. Thanks for sharing love. ?

Monday November 28th, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I could totally see that being my apartment for everyday living. It’s just that nice. Not sure if we have “aparthotels” in the States, but this place looks so luxurious. I can imagine the nice time you had during your stay 🙂

52. francesca
    Monday November 28th, 2016 at 05:44 PM

oooh the cutest area!! i love london so much but have so much more to get to know still! sounds like the perfect vacay
    francesca
    Frank Vinyl : A California Fashion Blog

53. Bryanna
    Tuesday November 29th, 2016 at 07:44 PM

That place is absolutely amazing! London is by far one of my favorite cities and that place seems so amazing to stay in. Thanks for the recommendation!

Bryanna | Coming in Clutch

54. Cece Lam
    Wednesday November 30th, 2016 at 02:06 AM

OMG thomas!! that looks so bomb!! can i please have your life 😉 hehehe

Wednesday November 30th, 2016 at 08:15 PM

That place looks like a little slice of heaven!

56. Miki
    Monday December 5th, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Looks like a gorgeous hotel. I love that you stayed in an upper floor with such a stunning view! 🙂 I’ll keep it in mind for when I fly back to London. Thanks for sharing!

Miki

57. Daniel
    Friday December 9th, 2016 at 04:49 PM

Great post!

Daniel x

The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez

New Post: Monochrome Outfit in Fall

58. Marcy
    Saturday December 10th, 2016 at 08:05 AM

They said home is where your heart is and this definately looks and feels like home! London is in my bucket list for sure will take notes on this beautiful place hope you enjoyed!!!

Happy holidays!!

59. Natasha du Chen
    Thursday December 22nd, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Amazing hotel! Stylish pics

60. Nadia
    Tuesday January 3rd, 2017 at 02:09 AM

Amazing hotel! Did they host you for posting on the blog?
    Love all the photos 🙂