Why be monochrome when you can go pink?

Why be monochrome when you can go pink?

Today I want to showcase some exceptional design. If you’ve followed me for a longer while, you know I’m a sucker for skinny jeans combined with an oversized top. Basically I haven’t worn baggy pants due to the fact that I’ve lived in the diluted thought that I look short as a midget in them. I’m not tall to begin with (approx 5 foot 7) so I need all tricks out there to make me look taller, but strangely enough this baggy look doesn’t make me look short(er) at all. In fact, I like this brand so much I will wear their creations to London Fashion Week Men’s 2017 (where I’ll be next week, yay) to showcase Swedish fashion.
The brand I’m talking about it KHND Studios who have already made it on the US market, but finally are coming over to Europe and I’m immensely proud I get to showcase a waste range of their products, something you’ll see in my coming posts. This post is not about being patriotic about Swedish clothing though, but about good design in general.

The details and materials are beautiful and so are the colors of the garments. As I’ve said before, I don’t give a flying freak about conventions in fashion. If I want to wear pastel in the winter, I do so and wearing pink, champagne and beige just brightens up the streets that are so monochromatically black at the moment.

Then there’s the part about accessorizing… I truly feel naked if I’m not wearing a timepiece. Let’s call me a watch addict, but If I don’t wear one it’s almost as bad as leaving home without my iPhone (well, not quite as bad, as that would result in utter disaster). This timepiece is one of a kind so to speak. It is from a recently launched German company called Lilienthal Berlin and I’m one of the first who got to wear them and have received many compliments about the black and gold combination of this particular model. All their watches are inspired by the lifestyle in Berlin and that suits me well as Berlin is basically just as crazy, creative and daring as I am when it comes to everything from sharing my own opinions to what I wear. I’m not as far out there as some people in Berlin, but I do walk my own path in life.

The tower in the background is called “Turning Torso” is situated in Malmö where I work and it’s the highest building in Sweden. It’s a cool residential building and for those who love architecture (as I do) I can tell you it’s a creation of the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava and from here you can see the bridge (connecting Sweden and Denmark, also known from the TV-show with the same title) as well as the skyline of Copenhagen in Denmark. Living down here has its perks and being able to cross several borders and enter new countries in a matter of a few hours is certainly one of them.  You’ll see loads more to come from KHND Studios as well as Lilienthal Berlin, but this was a short introduction.  And oh, just for the record, KHND Studios are having a mid season sale at the moment so make sure to check them out!

Cap: H&M
Jacket: KHND Studios
Tee: KHND Studios
Pants: KHND Studios
Watch: Lilienthal Berlin
Sneakers: Supra

Photos: Thomas Sandau

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 12:14 AM

Love the pink bomber! I’m 5’7 as well so I know what you mean about trying to look taller although I do love the wide leg pants too. Loving also how the tones in the sky match your outfit. Well done!

2. Miki
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 12:32 AM

Love your style and really love the lighter pink color! I think they’re so refreshing for colder seasons. Rules are meant to be broken, aren’t they? The watch looks so sleek and is such a great classic time piece! Always do you – afterall there’s no one else out there like you. 🙂 Great photos Thomas!! I hope you had a great holiday!

Miki

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 01:58 AM

this is a really nice pink color, and you styled it well with a lighter shade of pink! and seriously loving your watch! I like a simple & chic design for timepieces as well 🙂

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 03:34 AM

I don’t think anybody can rock that pink bomber better than you! I also love the watch and the lighting of these photos!

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 03:46 AM

Omg thomas! Glad you are back! I love this outfit so much! Such a lovely color of everything especially the skinny jeans and the jacket! Talk about the sunset! It is super beautiful!

6. Josie
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 03:56 AM

I love this light pink bomber and the way you styled it! It’s so great that you’ll get to wear their creations at LFW! So cool!

That watch is so nice too! I love learning about new brands!

Bisous, Josie

7. Hadasah Love | Style To Love
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 04:46 AM

Beautiful
    XO,
    Hadasah Love | http://www.styletolove.com

8. francesca
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 04:49 AM

yes! i really love this color palette! I think people don’t play with shades of pinks enough!
    francesca
    Frank Vinyl : A California Fashion Blog

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 04:52 AM

Those cargo pants don’t look like cargo pants at all. Love the way they taper toward the bottom. And pairing them with a pink top is a great style idea. Totally love that bomber jacket. But the dial on that watch is the best – so glam with all the gold touches.

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 05:08 AM

Love what you’ve done with this! Nothing wrong with a little pink and it comes in so many shades that you can do so much with it! Love this look and all of the tips!

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 05:47 AM

You look so street and cool in this outfit! OMG I’m actually reallyyyy loving the pink outerwear on you and although it’s pink, I feel like you’ve styled it in such a way that still looks so masculine. 🙂 I think you also look great in the baggy pants here and I can’t tell at all that you’re short! I think it’s also because the fit of these pants is just so perfect on you.

12. Eric k
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 06:17 AM

I can tell you that I love the colors, details, and entire design of you look. I wish i would be attending London Fashion Week as well, so I could see you rocking this look, however, I will be in Italy.
    The pics are truly fantastic and it shows so much details. I will be checking this brand for sure.
    Your wrist game is always on point and this one is not an exception. I love the design of the watch and its elegance. I am in the same boat with you, i cannot leave home without a watch on my wrist.
    incredible 2 brands and i can’t wait for more to come .

13. gracie
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 06:41 AM

I always vote pink. Pink is my favorite color. Especially a great bomber in pink ! Love the way you paired it with the khaki. Looks great !
    xx,gracie

14. Luke
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 12:15 PM

This is such a beautiful feature Thomas! I wish I could pull off pink like you do and you have captured it so well with that beautiful light!

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 02:12 PM

I’m stealing that bomber jacket!! I love blush ??? this neautral look is my favorite thus far ? Now can we talk about your watch? It’s so elegant!

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 02:22 PM

Yes!!! Definitely my mentality haha I’m loving all the new warm tones, especially the pink hues that are becoming more popular in fashion and even men’s fashion

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 04:18 PM

I checked out KHND Studios’ site and must say I love their designs. All pieces are uniquely designed and reasonably priced as well! This light pink jacket looks perfect on you and you are right about brightening up the dark winter days. I am so glad KHND Studios decided to choose you to represent their brand as they couldn’t have made a better choice. Thank you so much for also giving us some background story on where you work. You make everything sound more interesting than it is.

Keep up the good work!

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 05:05 PM

I love this light pink color on you! The bomber really completes the outfit. I definitely agree with trying to brighten up winter days, my go-to is blush right now 🙂

Have a great new year!

Xx,

Lauren // http://www.mylifeaslaurr.com

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 06:36 PM

You look so fly in this look Thomas! You definitely wear the baggy pant look well. I love how you styled them too. The colors…details…just are on point!

20. Charlie
    Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 07:09 PM

Hey man !!

Thank you so much for sharing this blog post ! I really enjoy reading your content ! This is a great style ! I will definitely try to do something similar someday.

Wednesday December 28th, 2016 at 07:57 PM

I must say, this just might be my favorite outfit on you yet! Joggers rather suit you, and if you’re under the impression that the bagginess makes you appear shorter, I would definitely say at least in this outfit, you’re quite wrong. I think you look fantastic! And the pink is such a nice change from all the black I’ve been seeing (and wearing) lately. Plus, the way the sun looks in the background gives everything the most perfect glow in these photos. Love it all, Thomas!

22. Bryanna
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I literally just posted today a monochromatic pink look! Too funny. I love your jogger-type khaki pants. Joggers are the best way to go, because I’m in the same short boat (5’4′). Your style is so on point and I always love reading your posts. Hope you have an amazing new years!

Bryanna | Coming in Clutch

23. Didier
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 03:20 AM

OMG I love that bomber! I’ve really been feeling the colour pink too lately!

-Didier

24. Morgan Klein
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 11:52 AM

This brand sounds amazing and I love all of the colors! They are beautiful. Great pics!!!

25. Gil Zetbase
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Great shots!
    Happy Holidays!
    Gil Zetbase

26. Yuena Li
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 01:18 PM

Hi thomas!

LOVE how the sunset matches your outfit. Your passion for style is amazing!! <3

With love,
    Yuena

27. Helen Chik
    Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 01:41 PM

Monochrome is so boring and you wear that dusty pink like a boss Thomas! Can I also say how much I’m loving this sunset photography?! It is seriously the BOMB!!!

Hope you have some fabulous NYE plans!!!

Helen xx

Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 08:32 PM

Awesome look man! Love pastel hues on guys! The jacket is amazing on you!

Thursday December 29th, 2016 at 10:46 PM

I noticed that building in your other post and was wondering what it was! It’s quite an interesting structure. Anyway, back to the fashion haha. The Swedish fashion scene clearly rocks! I’ve learned so much about super cool Swedish fashion labels just from following your blog 🙂

30. Leila D.
    Friday December 30th, 2016 at 12:12 AM

I love this look and you don’t look short at all, you should wear bagggy pants more often 🙂 That color is perfect and the watch is very pretty and elegant. Happy Friday.

31. Natasha du Chen
    Friday December 30th, 2016 at 06:07 AM

So stylish ! You did such a good job mixing

Friday December 30th, 2016 at 06:25 AM

Omgggg I need a pink bomber like that in my life ASAP! Can we please be twinsies Thomas?! I only have a green one and definitely am going to add the pink one to my list next 😉 hehe you’re rocking this look! xo, sharon

33. MadCatFashion
    Friday December 30th, 2016 at 11:37 AM

Wow. That’s a really good post ! I like the pink bomber on you!!

madcat.fashion

34. Brittany
    Friday December 30th, 2016 at 01:34 PM

Amazing pink bomber!!! Im jealous!!

outofofficeny.com

Friday December 30th, 2016 at 02:13 PM

I love this shade of pink, you look great. I’m visiting Sweden for the first time and I keep hearing about Malmo. I hope to visit soon.

Friday December 30th, 2016 at 11:53 PM

I love these sunset photos! You could not have done better with it to suit this look as well. You must have had to shoot really quickly to get it all done!! I think I thought the same about being to short to wear this sort of pant length, but I was wrong too. I LOOOOOVE this watch! Sending the link to my bf right now. Thank you!

37. frank lin
    Saturday December 31st, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Thomas, these photos are so beautiful! The light, the outfit, the location.
    And you really can wear pink!!

xx frank

38. Danielle
    Saturday December 31st, 2016 at 09:50 PM

We are one in the same because I could literally LIVE in skinnies & oversized tops! Just this year I started introducing some muted shades of pink into my wardrobe and I’ve been loving it! This ‘dusty rose-like’ color is fabulous and pairs perfectly with your neutrals!!

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

39. Camille
    Monday January 2nd, 2017 at 04:55 AM

Hey, 5’7 is pretty tall in my book! You look great in pink, I love when guys wear it!! Hope you are having a happy new year xx

40. Laurelle
    Monday January 2nd, 2017 at 06:13 AM

I love this look! I’m also on the shorter side, so I totally get being wary of styles that would accentuate that, but I totally agree that this one doesn’t make you look short at all! It’s so stylish!
    -Laurelle

Tuesday January 3rd, 2017 at 07:43 PM

Oh this pink color really suits you. And this sunset on pics is amazing!

42. Sarah
    Thursday January 5th, 2017 at 05:46 PM

I love this! I really enjoy wearing pastels in the winter, they work very well and it’s a nice change from the black and navy I’m so used to

43. Lolita Mas
    Sunday January 8th, 2017 at 09:12 PM

I love the way you mixed the colours in this outfit. Very stylish and fresh!

Monday January 9th, 2017 at 01:20 PM

Thomass love this combination!!!! The neutrals wth the blush pink jacket looks so great.

45. Angelalep
    Friday January 13th, 2017 at 07:44 PM

You always do the right thing. God Bless you.