Time for reflection

Time for reflection

Fashion, Life itself

Sometimes it’s hard to grasp what’s going on in your life until you sit down and reflect on things. I mean, really sit down and reflect on things. It’s not a moment of reflection forced upon us, but reflection through meditation, mindfulness or whatever it may be that brings you to that place where your thoughts and feelings are cleansed from any distraction. I might get there by listening to music, catching a certain scent or odour that makes me reminisce the past or even watching the opening scene of Lion King (Cirlce of Life, always makes me cry, but hey, that’s me).

One of these moments was during a recent event in my life when I was at my great aunt’s funeral. Being in a church close to God always makes me ponder, but this time it was a time to both reminisce, honor her memory, but also think about the legacy she left me. Let’s be honest. I’ve been going at it like a whirlwind the last 5 or so months since I began blogging and by now it is no secret that the aim has been to quit my day job to be able to move back home to Stockholm and pursue my career in blogging and PR, like in the good old days. That is something that is about to happen, very soon, I might add.

The journey I’ve been through is quite hard to describe, but without boasting I can say that I’ve managed to pull through so many things I thought were impossible before. I’m now making real money out of my blog and am ranked as number 28 out of professional bloggers in Sweden which is not bad considering the short amount of time I’ve blogged and the fact that there are over 100 000 blogs registered in Sweden.

So what does that mean? Am I living the high life? Some people might consider my life as such, but I’m just back to where I’ve always been, the difference being, this time I’m stronger and more focused than ever (and actually know the value of money). And to be honest. Traveling as intensely as I do is not glamourous. Far from it. Am I one of those superficial bloggers now? Most definitely not. I’m the most humble person you’ll meet and couldn’t care less about what’s hot or not. I go my own way and that’s probably what’s gained me my beloved readers. I’m just me, Thomas, and that’s more than enough.

So what is it I need to reflect on? Well, mainly two things. They are highly intertwined, but I’ll still separate them. The first one is I need to start living in the present. I need to appreciate the life I have and all accomplishments I’ve achieved. There’s no way of describing the feeling of how it feels to be back from the gutter to be in the world I once was part of again. I need to reflect on the fact that I’ve made it. I’m there and no one can take that away from me, but myself (note to self, stay sober). I need to stop thinking about what’s coming up next and what’s behind the corner, what my next move will be and as a person with severe OCD when it comes to planning it’s sometimes hard to just let things go and live in the present. Now that I wrote them down, I realize they can actually be viewed as individual issues or several separate ones. However you choose to interpret what I just wrote, I interpret it simply by this: Slow down, live in the present, by all means, plan ahead, but don’t live in the future.

These pictures were taken on a bloody cold day in London during London Fashion Week Men’s with the incredibly talented model and photographer Helen Wykes, who also gave me a lot of new perspectives on life. Through blogging I get to meet so many new people, experience new things and be part of something I love doing. I can honestly say that today, this very moment, I feel both blessed and at peace with both my past, present and future, whatever it may bring. As for me, the sky is not the limit. There are no limits.

Photographer: Helen Wykes

1. Charissa
    Sunday February 12th, 2017 at 05:42 PM

It’s amazing to reflect on your life sometime. Losing someone always makes you think more. About life, about your life, about time, the things you want and the things you do.. But that’s a beautiful thing. I also would like to add that I really admire the outcome of the photoshoot you did with Helen Wykes. Totally agree with your last quote. There are no limits.
    XO Charissa || http://www.ladygoldapple.com ||

Sunday February 12th, 2017 at 07:06 PM

I appreciate this article so much because I like to take my time and reflect on my life every now and then. I try to make a priority to live in the moment and although I like to plan and organize my schedule I think it’s okay to not plan too into the future. You always have such great insight and posts so thank you for sharing!

Sunday February 12th, 2017 at 10:42 PM

I just love your rawness! Without you saying your humble, I already knew so. It radiates to your posts. Keep doing what you’re doing 💕

Sunday February 12th, 2017 at 11:48 PM

Congrats on getting through everything you’ve been through. Sometimes we just have to fight on.

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 03:30 AM

There are never any limits when it comes to blogging; I’m learning that day by day. That’s so amazing that you’re number 28 in your country. There’s something to be proud of. Continue to remain humble. It looks great on you and I enjoy reading your blog 🙂

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 04:51 AM

This was such a beautiful post to read, as is so often the case when I visit your blog, and that is one of the things I love the most about you. You don’t sugar-coat life, but you stay real and true to yourself and share so many of those thoughts that I’m sure roam about your head quite frequently. I think you have so many good points here; the most important to me being that it’s so necessary to just slow down sometimes and breathe in the amazing things going on around you, and enjoy life for what it is right that second, rather than worrying or becoming anxious over things that haven’t even come to pass yet (or potentially never will). This was a much needed reminder for me tonight, so thank you for that.

7. Laurelle
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 05:02 AM

I SO hear you!!! I am constantly thinking of how far I have to go and trying to plan the future, instead of living in and appreciating the present. But at least we know we do that and can work on it! Beautifully written. (ps- I love Lion King’s opening scene too 😉 )
    -Laurelle

8. Maggie
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 07:07 AM

I always enjoy reading your more personal posts because you go so much deeper than the tip of the ice berg of most blogs, including mine. From just following your posts since a month ago, I’ve read about the heartfelt struggles you had in your life dealing with alcoholism. You’re completely right though, you’ve come so far and it’s only fair to keep striving for your ultimate goals. Honestly, it’s what you’ve been through that makes you the amazing humble person you are. I don’t think that’s ever going to change. You keep doing you!

BTW, these photos are AMAZING.

xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    ❤Clothestomidnight.com

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 07:22 AM

What a beautiful and thoughtful post. First off, congratulations on being ranked 28th in the blogging stats! That is a MAJOR accomplishment that should be celebrated especially only doing it for such a short time. I haven’t met you yet, but I can tell that you are humble and real and definitely not a superficial blogger. I love your honesty and that you work hard and have accomplished so much because of the dedication you put forth. I agree that one of the things we have to focus on is living in the present and I really do need to make an effort to do that everyday until it becomes a habit. You should be so proud of yourself as we all are of you. xoxo, Christine

10. Helen Chik
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 09:51 AM

I’m so proud of how far you’ve come Thomas and your hard work is so deserved. I am like you – I like to keep myself grounded and focusing on what it is I love to do and that’s creating content and a reputation for being the person to rely on for honest opinions! Loved this post – and everything you do!

Helen xx

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 10:32 AM

My Tommy,
    You are truly a gem and can do no wrong in my eyes. Let’s get that straight. However, I am so impressed and proud of you at this moment. I know you had a difficult season of loss recently and I extend my condolences again but it seemed that every time you have reached an obstacle, setback or disappointment you have only come back stronger. Ranked 28. Should be 1.
    Love you and thank you and I’m working on my own lists and fear that the list is not what I need but simply the courage…
    More on that in time…
    Happy Birthday Dear Friend !

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 10:59 AM

This is such a lovely post my friend! So important to really sit down and reflect and you have inspired me to do the same. You’ve done so well and congrats on being so awesome in blogging with recognition from everyone! We all have tough journeys, but living and being grateful for the present is key. I’ve still to master it, but it’s beautiful.

Loving all the images and trainers with socks! 😉

13. Martin (Ebylife)
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 11:00 AM

Hey buddy! You’re posts are always personal and i really appreciate that you write from the heart. A massive congratulations on ranking number 28 on the list of professional bloggers in Sweden. With all your hard work, there’s nobody that deserves it more than you!!

14. Sarah
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 01:42 PM

Thomas, I absolutely loved this! Wow, I found myself nodding throughout the entire post. You are such an incredible person. It is absolutely important to slow down and reflect once and a while (Lion King makes me cry too btw) and it’s sometimes insane the things we notice when we slow down and look at our lives. Your great aunt would be SO proud of you for being such a humble, driven person. I hope to meet you one day, you’re so real. So much love to you!
    xx Sarah // http://www.sarahtahami.com

15. Leila D.
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 02:35 PM

Hi Thomas! First of all congrats on on all that you have achieved so far. I love reading your posts because every time I get to know you better and better. One great thing about blogging is meeting new people and experiencing new things.Glad to have e-met you and wish you lots of success with your plans.xoxo

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 02:41 PM

You are right… there are no limits! And i think, there’s an importance of keeping an open mind than you will get all what you need! Thank you for your amazing stories and Good luck!

17. Open Kloset By Karina
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 05:54 PM

Thank you Thomas for this post, you always so Honest and I love to Read your Stories and Blogpost because it gives me always something more and something positive:) You are Amazing and so Good person:)
    I am so Happy that I can read your Posts every Week:)
    Love you Thomas and thank you again:)
    Anyway, your Look again so Amazing, really love the Coat and the Sweater:) Fits you so well:) Perfect Color for you:)
    Kissses Hugs
    Karina❤️❤️❤️

18. Isabel
    Monday February 13th, 2017 at 07:24 PM

My dear Thomas, this post shows so much of who you are.
    You’re so honest about your feelings and oppinions that when I read your posts I belive in every word you write., it seems we´re having a coffee and we´re talking about all of this. Such a great work you do, sweetie.
    Anyway, I think you’re just an amazing person, with a precious heart, and that this is just the beggining, you’re going to achive so much more 🙂 Plus, you always look great and you have the most amazing sense of style.
    Sending you love,
    Isabel

PS : Lion King always make me cry too…

Isabel
    Isabel

Monday February 13th, 2017 at 08:09 PM

I love this post! You’re reflecting on your past and I love how open you’re being right now! It’s nice to hear where you’re coming from (congrats on #28 whoo), and as someone with OCD, glad to hear that I’m not alone! As you’ve proved and keep proving, there are no limits for you!

20. Rachel Vogt
    Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Yes, i totally needs to do more reflecting in my life. Life is just too busy sometime that i tend to forget. Love all of your photos.
    xoxo, Rachel

Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 01:25 AM

Firstly these photos are amazing! So crisp and so moody – LOVE! Secondly, I’m glad you took time to reflect. You’ll definitely end up where you want to be as long as you work hard which I know you do. =)

Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 02:50 AM

Thomas, you are truly such an inspiration. To have achieved so much with your blog in such a short period of time is absolutely amazing and so very well deserved. You always produce such extraordinary content and your ability to be so open and honest with us all time and time again is a testament to your inner strength. I agree, self-reflection is so important to self-growth and inner happiness and peace. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post!

xoxo, Jo

Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 04:35 AM

Just when I thought you couldn’t open up and share your beautiful self any more, you just outdid yourself thomas! thank you so much for being so authentic in your posts. we both know that i am just as OCD as you so you’re not alone love. happy birthday btw! hope your day is as amazing as you are xo, sharon

24. Eric k
    Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 05:09 AM

Thomas, i must share with you that reflecting on what has happened to us is very important like you highlighted and what you have done for the shortest period of time is incredible. I know a lot of ppl want to in your place. I am beyond excited for you, that you followed your dream and your about to get into this full time. this is just incredible news. 🙂 many more great things are all ahead of you.
    enjoyed reading as always.

Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 05:43 AM

You have no idea how proud I am of you for what you have become and achieved in such a short time period. The success didn’t just come to you as I saw it with my own eyes how hard you’ve worked each and every day. While all your readers enjoy reading the great content you always produced, they also appreciate your honesty about everything! I am so excited for your bright future and can’t wait to see even greater success coming to your life. By the way, you are ranked #1 in my eyes my love.

26. Kusum
    Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 06:19 AM

Reflecting upon ones past and life always helps put things in perspective. I do believe that it a great way to learn how far we have come and you certainly have come such a long way and grown so much! Your success speaks for itself. Good luck with all the exciting things that await you.

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 09:34 AM

okay first of, HAPPY FREAKEN BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL PERSON! I have missed reading your posts so much because I’ve been away but I needed time to reflect on myself so I am glad I took that time. Thank you again for being so open with your post like always! You are just amazing! I am proud of you love and I am so glad to be back reading your posts!

Linh

28. Luke Ross
    Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 02:07 PM

Really great read Thomas, I’m so glad to hear about you turning things around and all your current achievements. Keep up the amazing work!

29. Bryanna
    Tuesday February 14th, 2017 at 06:15 PM

The Lion King Circle of Life Scene 😂 Literally laughed out loud, but I love how each person has a unique way of bring them back to reality. Yours is by far the greatest. I always do some deep thinking about the future when I’m listening to music or the podcast #Girlboss radio. Such a good podcast, I might add. Anyways, everyone needs that time to evaluate themselves every once in awhile, and I like how you pointed that out. Not to mention, congrats at the top 28 in Sweden! That’s so incredible, and you should be proud of yourself!

xoxo Bryanna | Coming in Clutch

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Thomas, I totally agree with you on living in the present…In recent years I’ve also experienced difficult situations, and at the same time I worry about my future, but I know that living in the past or thinking too much ahead isn’t going to do me any good. Now I try my best to enjoy what I have now. Reflecting once in a while is always a good thing and I do it myself 🙂 By the way, these photos are PERFECT for the text <3

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 01:29 AM

You always give me something to think about and I feel like I get so much more out of your blog posts than I sadly do with many others. It is so good to hear that you are ranking so well over there. Congratulations! It means that people are really responding to your very real approach and hard work. I am looking forward to seeing where your journey continues.

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 02:27 AM

Thank you so much, Thomas, for this post, It is such a great inspiration! These days I have been in the same key, trying to focus more on the present and what’s happening around me. Happy Valentines and big hug!! Xx, GIna

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 03:50 AM

You are the most thoughtful, humble blogger that I know. You’re a number 1 in my book, not 28. Who cares about the number anyway. I always admire your thoughtfulness and how you take time to reflect on the most important things in life. You are truly inspirational and your story is so powerful. Thank you for being so vulnerable and real.

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 05:51 AM

These photos are awesome! They totally capture the essence of the post. And #28 in Sweden! In such a short time? That’s a huge accomplishment. I think it’s a testament to the depth of your posts.

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 08:05 AM

Thank you so much Thomas!
    I feel really inspired for the rest of the day!
    I believe that you are SO open-minded and generous. Can’t wait to meet you in-person!

36. Josie
    Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 11:46 AM

I love how you write Thomas … it always catches my attention and my feelings. YOU stay you my dear friend. I honestly think you’re part of the top bloggers for a good reason: you are authentic and people can relate to you. It’s not all “la vie est belle” on your blog. We also see some dark moments and we can relate.

I remember you commenting on my blog about the relationship with God. I hope you can work on that this year as I am planning to 😉 Being present and living in the moment is hard for me too. I always have to remind myself not to think about tomorrow but just live the NOW.

Bisous, Josie

37. Floortje
    Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 12:25 PM

These photos are great! Well done and keep up the good work!

Xx,

|| FLOORTJELOVES ||

Wednesday February 15th, 2017 at 07:01 PM

Thomas I really love this post. I appreciate your honesty and really enjoy your perspective. And I have to say #28 is really amazing. How do you even figure out your rank? I can’t believe you’ve only been doing this 5 months. You were born to blog. Can’t wait to see what you do when you’re full time. Seriously.

39. Surekha
    Thursday February 16th, 2017 at 07:01 PM

Wonderful post! congratulations! that’s a great achievement to be in top 30’s. I can relate to your feeling on focusing on present on hoping for future, I have had a tough time last year that pushed me out of comfort zones but I am glad, i made it out feeling strong and confident. Now I am like “bring it on life” lol! good luck with your future projects

40. Danielle
    Thursday February 16th, 2017 at 08:02 PM

Living in the present is one of the most valuable lessons one can learn. Loved reading all of your honesty in this post and I have so much admiration for how humble you have stayed! And can we talk about #28 in all of Sweden?! Congrats, boy!

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

41. gracie
    Thursday February 16th, 2017 at 09:49 PM

Thomas I always love how real you are. This industry can become overwhelming and make us believe in the superficial. Congrats on your success and staying true to yourself !
    xx, gracie

42. diana
    Thursday February 16th, 2017 at 10:58 PM

it is so cool to know that you are on the list of influential bloggers in your country. I don’t know why, but I’m not popular in my small country yet, I guess cuz blogging is not popular there. But well knows in South Korea 😉

43. Cece Lam
    Friday February 17th, 2017 at 02:41 AM

Thanks so much for sharing with us your personal stories, Thomas! You are doing what you love and that’s the most important. Honestly I’m so impressed with your blog, photos and everything you bring to the world. Thanks so much for everything.

44. Miki
    Friday February 17th, 2017 at 06:34 AM

Such a great, motivating post. I can’t believe you’ve only been blogging for 5 months. You’re doing amazing, and your instagram is on fire! I’m excited for the day you quit your job and do this full time. You’ll be amazing. Living in the moment can be so hard for me sometimes, but I really try to disconnect from my phone more and it feels great. Looking forward to seeing all the amazing things coming your way as you continue to grow!

Miki

45. Marcy
    Friday February 17th, 2017 at 08:39 AM

Thank you so much for one more beautiful post and always been so honest and sincere with us your followers. I honestly read a lot of blogs and yours is one of my favourites because you look so passionate and sincere in the way you write and create your content. Reflecting about our life is always a challenge specially when you are constantly doing the same (like a robot) you never find the time to thinks about you and this is one of the main reasons I decided to do the same as you: just quit and do my own thing. I must say that have been very hard because I do miss my old job a lot specially reading and seeing all the fashion week coverage hahaha (thats one of the things I miss the most: feeling that adrenaline of FW) but honestly I wouldn’t change my life now for that. Having your own freedom, keeping inspired, and living in the moment is the best way to enjoy life.

Send you all my best from Madagascar!

xox

Saturday February 18th, 2017 at 03:07 AM

How did you find all these great locations!! You’re amazing Thomas. Thanks for sharing😘

Sunday February 19th, 2017 at 05:42 AM

You’ve definitely achieved so much in so little time Thomas! Definitely goals 🙂 and I’m very happy and proud of you. You’re always so productive working towards your goal and I wonder how you can balance that out with a social life, considering I know you work superrr hard. 🙂 I really hope for great things for you and your blog. You’re definitely on the right path to success.

Sunday February 19th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

You’re a little like me? I would like to return in the past, and makes me sick some things which are past, especially people who are missed. I miss a few moments from the past, even now I have everything that I hasn’t before, such as the family and my beautiful little girls. Are moments of fragility. Live in the present is the best thing , how you said before with NO limits. Great congratulations for your work and ranking list. It’s really impressive I’m glad to be your friend.
    sending love

49. Thai Lam
    Sunday February 19th, 2017 at 09:45 PM

What a deep and personal post! Its an honour that you share your thoughts with us. Keep up the great work my friend!

50. Huyen
    Monday February 20th, 2017 at 06:43 AM

Your post really gave me a better insight on blogging! I feel like sometimes people don’t take us seriously because all they do see is superficial stuff and not the hard work we put into it. Creating creative content is difficult and making your brand stand out is even more difficult in a world where everyone does the same thing! Congrats on being the 28th top blogger in Sweden! Such a great accomplishment!

Friday February 24th, 2017 at 12:09 AM

You’ve been working so hard on your blog and have made so many opportunities for yourself! I hope you find your peace while you are pursuing this passion xx