STAYHARD x Thomas

STAYHARD x Thomas

It is with great pride I present this collaboration sponsored by Stayhard. This entire outfit is from their webshop and consequently I only chose Swedish labels to wear. Why? Well, I think most of you know why. I love showing the diversity of brands, both big and small, Sweden has to offer and somehow make you look further than H&M when it comes to Swedish fashion.

As for Stayhard, we go way back. The company was founded in Sweden back in 2005 after an inspiring trip to New York where the founders, Daniel Möller and Joakim Naumburg, discovered several labels that weren’t available on the Swedish market. From having began from a small storage space at Joakim’s parents’ house, Stayhard now is a multinational enterprise with customers in 28 countries and have a wide variety of brands from all over the world. Webshops like these have existed for women ever since the beginning, but for us guys the selection out there hasn’t been all that overwhelming. This is a gap Stayhard filled already 12 years ago and during the years they have introduced and re-introduced me to several brands. As for my outfit, it’s as mentioned, head to toe from Swedish designers whom I’ll briefly introduce you to in case you didn’t already know them.

The cap is from WESC, a premium streetwear brand born in the streets of Stockholm, offering
innovative and contemporary clothing and accessories for the intellectual slacker who is seeking to express originality in a world of uniform thinking. Growing up, WESC really was the thing to wear and they have also been big in skating apparel around the world and the white cap puts a boyish innocence into this monochrome look, don’t you think?

The ripped jeans are from Dr. Denim. This is a brand I’ve been aware of for a long time, but haven’t used before. The family owned business based in Gothenburg was started in a basement (funny how so many innovations take place in those, right?) by two brothers who were inspired by their grandpa who always saw beyond obstacles. Dr. Denim has taken form as a brand where perfect fit, price and total experience reach far beyond seams and buttons, such as in the ones I’m wearing which come with a lot of stretch and comfort despite being a really skinny fit.

The jacket and tee come from a brand called Things To Appreciate. It is a Swedish brand founded in 2012 who offer fashionable street clothes for the trend-conscious. Their collections are developed for each season and their goal is to offer high end street clothes. All of their denim is produced and distressed by hand in the European Union and as you know me, just keep a lookout on a post about this brand and their messages of freedom and tolerance conveyed through street fashion.

The Cloud Desert Mono kicks from Jim Rickey come with a reptile pattern, but rest assured, no reptiles were harmed in the making of these shoes. Jim Rickey stands out in the market by providing timeless high-quality footwear and premium lifestyle accessories with reasonable pricing. All of their products are designed in their Stockholm studio to provide functionality in footwear and accessories with an exceptionally close attention to quality, sustainability and details.

Photographer: Linda Andersson

This post is sponsored by Stayhard, but all views and opinions are my own.

1. Jennifer SavvyGreyStyles
    Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 04:28 PM

I love this whole look! So trendy. I never heard of this brand but their styles are great. I have to loook into them for some new items for my husband.

Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 04:56 PM

I love that you have so much Sweden pride and support brands from your country. All of the pieces look great together! It’s edgy, street styled, and definitely a cool outfit.

3. Claudia Di Capua
    Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 06:50 PM

I’m obsessed with this jacket! It looks awesome on you! Great shots as well

~Claudia Di Capua

Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 08:02 PM

When I think of Swedish fashion I always picture cool minimalism like Acne and COS! I’ve heard of WeSC (went to their preview last week in NYC) and Dr. Denim (have some of their jeans) from before but had no idea they were Swedish brands! REally great outfit and informative post!

5. EVA
    Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 10:01 PM

Your outfit is so coooool Thomas love from head to toe. Can I have the sneakers and the jeans jacket ??? <3 <3
    Good choice you are Swedish and the same time one of the most popular blogger in your country. I think you suit perfectly your country brands as Always.
    EVA

Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 11:00 PM

I love hearing of the humble beginnings of brands that have made it and are making a name for themselves. That’s so inspiring especially since the fashion industry is so oversaturated. This is such a cool look from head to toe. The reptile detail on those sneakers are awwwwesome!

Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 11:04 PM

I absolutely love Swedish fashion brands. This one is such a great fit for you and the jacket is my fave!

8. Kate Tik
    Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 11:38 PM

Congrats on this collaboration love!! This all looks so incredible and you obviously style everything so amazing. All my Swedish friends always have such great style. Love it. <3

katetik.com

Tuesday April 18th, 2017 at 11:41 PM

I love this look on you! They sound like a really awesome brand to work with. And they clearly have some great styles.

meg

10. Kirsten Wendlandt
    Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 12:51 AM

I had never heard of Stayhard before reading this post but I really like your whole outfit! You’ve got an effortlessly cool vibe, and the jeans are so perfectly ripped. I’m definitely going to keep my eye out for Stayhard here, do you know if they are in Canada?

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 01:30 AM

That’s such a cool jacket! Your outfits are always so trendy and you rock them!

Xx,
    Lauren // mylifeaslaurr.com

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 02:02 AM

I have ever heard of any of these brands before, not even Stayhard. As an American who loves fashion, I love discovering new international brands like these because they’re usually a lot better than ours (don’t repeat that). In any case, this is a perfectly styled look and you already know I’m loving that distressed denim!

13. Leila D.
    Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 04:03 AM

Hey!
    Lovely post as usual and with each of your posts you make me fall in love with Sweden and all it has to offer. I love your look, those casual outfits really suit you great. I also love learning about new brands, thanks for sharing. xoxo Happy Wednesday!

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 04:29 AM

How have I never heard of these brands??!! I would love love love to have that jacket!! Omg! When I saw it was love at first sight! You wore this outfit so well. I love how you styled it. Thanks for showing us new brands!

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 04:57 AM

Love how you stay true to your Swedish roots. That jacket is awesome! And you have such a fun way of wearing your hats, slightly upturned and cool. I think there should definitely be more webshops with greater selection for men. We women often take over most retail space (like every floor but one at Zara). You should at least get more variety online. If it’s in the US, I’m definitely going to recommend this shop to friends.

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 06:18 AM

Such an awesome collaboration! LBD the denim and that jacket!

Stephanie | http://www.dotsandhoney.com

17. Luke Ross
    Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 09:53 AM

I love how monochrome and minimal this outfit looks but then when you turn around there a nice statement graphic on that jacket… I’m going to have to check out this Things To Appreciate brand a little more!

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 09:55 AM

You are like the professor of Swedish fashion! I love it 🙂 I’d totally wear the ripped skinnies and the jacket for myself! I enjoyed reading about all these different brands I otherwise would not have known. Stayhard sounds like the go-to webshop!

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 05:01 PM

This outfit is so perfect!! Can’t get enough of that amazing jacket!
    I think it’s really cool that you always share swedish brands, because honesy they have beautiful high quality things that not everyone knows about!
    Can’t wait to see what you have for next week!

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 12:38 AM

I love how you’re constantly repping your country. It’s really cool to find awesome brands that you love that are from where you’ve grown up! The jacket and shoes are definitely my favorite parts of this outfit. The jacket because I’ve never seen one quite like it and the shoes because – reptile, duh! So cool!

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 01:43 AM

Thomas, I love your choice with the Swedish brand clothing. This whole outfit looks great on you. Your Cloud Desert Mono sneakers rock. Good job!

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 03:34 AM

i saw you wear this jacket on instagram and instantly fell in love! gotta love a good statement piece 🙂 you look great as usual!

xo, sharon

@stylelullaby

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 04:49 AM

Super obsessed with that jacket, it’s the perfect statement! You wear it well and styled it perfectly. I also love the black and white photo.

Iliana | http://www.sophisticatedfashionista.com

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 09:02 AM

Love this casual cool look in black and white. I’m sure you already know that black and white are kind of my thing too. Stay Hard sounds like a men’s version of Revolve where they carry many brands and contemporary pieces all gathered in one large web retail space. It is really nice that you decide to style this entire look with Swedish brands, great way to support local brands and fashion houses. I’m super impressed by the skinny jeans and the awesome jacket with distress and graphic details, I think it would be something I would totally wear as well!!

~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

25. Open Kloset By Karina
    Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Hey Thomas
    How are you?
    Love that you Show Sweedish Brands, To be honest I worked With Many Swedish Brands and The Quality and Everything was always so Good:) I love Sweedish Brands:)
    I am In Love with the “Freedom Jacket”
    So Cool and Unique One:)
    The Black & White photo one of my Favorite:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina
    Happy Week

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 05:04 PM

Hello Thomas!! I think small brands sometimes are more interesting then well known. They have ‘sou’l and even better quality. And of course you will look unique in it. And you also do good job for your country. Also great choice i suppose.
    One more amazing look from you!

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 05:41 PM

Do they have that jacket for women as well? Because I’m in love with it and need it. You look amazing as always, so fashionable.

28. Bryanna
    Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 05:53 PM

I’m a total sucker for small companies! I just love hearing the inspiration behind why and how they started their brands. It’s always a unique experience, and they always totally resonate with me. I have always wanted to start my own company, so I love hearing success stories from small companies. Go Stayhard! Plus, this jacket… Seriously my favorite piece to date! I am obsessed and would wear it non-stop! I gotta go check them out!

xoxo Bryanna | Coming in Clutch

Thursday April 20th, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Dear Tommy,
    This is why you remain my favorite blogger ( and person) . You had me intrigued by your Instagram post – mentioning Stayhard – and now I get to see more and hear all about it. I always loved , since I first discovered your blog, how you support Swedish brands and I also always loved how you take fabulous pieces and turn them into extraordinary outfits. This jacket is amazing! I need one !!!
    Your Jenny

Friday April 21st, 2017 at 01:32 AM

Can I just say how obsessed I am with this outfit? Like literally every single piece. The white cap is total skater style and I love it! The skinny jeans are a perfect fit on your lean frame and this distressed denim jacket with the edgy arm band and back detail?! Obsessed!!! Right down to those sneakers. The skin on those kicks are so luxe. Thank goodness that Stayhard came around and carries the most amazing brands. This look is definitely streetstyled to perfection! xoxo, Christine

31. Lazaro
    Friday April 21st, 2017 at 02:49 AM

Really amazing post! So love your outfit!
    xo
    Queenabelle.co.uk

32. Vanessa Berlin
    Friday April 21st, 2017 at 04:20 AM

I love how you proudly represent your country in your outfits! I love the black and white combination, and my favorite piece is the jacket. I might have to check out some of this Swedish brands because I’m really impressed!

Thanks for sharing,
    Vanessa

33. Claudia
    Friday April 21st, 2017 at 07:39 AM

As always, great visuals Thomas. I love the b&w outfit from head to toe, the Swedish aesthetic suits you perfectly. You’re lucky you live so far away, because if I saw you with that jacket, I would just steal it from you, it’s suuuuuuper bomb! Ha! I love it!! xx, C.

34. Charissa
    Friday April 21st, 2017 at 08:19 AM

I love that you’re sharing Swedish brands with us. Personally I love Swedish brands, I’ve teamed up with a few and always loved their quality.
    The skinny jeans and distressed denim jacket look absolutely gorgeous on you. You always know how to style pieces and make them look über cool! XO Charissa || http://www.ladygoldapple.com ||

Friday April 21st, 2017 at 11:28 AM

As I told you on Instagram I’m totally smitten with this look! I love how its black and white neatness reveals interesting details and textures. Above all I’m charmed by the jacket with its graphic patches, and I love the message the brand is conveying through streetstyle. From head to toe, this is a killer streetstyle look, one of your best so far! Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

Friday April 21st, 2017 at 08:49 PM

LOVE the fact that you are embracing your local talented brands. The outfit is juts perfect and love the black and white look.
    This jacket is just such a statement piece and will love to see how you style it in others ways. I have Swedish brand in the loop.

Saturday April 22nd, 2017 at 03:06 AM

I love this entire outfit, Thomas!!! you are rocking it!!!! Never hear about these brands before, but I’m so happy to read and learn about them!!! you have the best styling ever :)))))

sending much love and a big hug!!! xx. Gina

Sunday April 23rd, 2017 at 04:41 AM

I love finding out about these Swedish brands! Though I love Dr.Denim and have been wearing their jeans for years! I got my partner into them as well, similar to Cheap Mondays, I love that they are so good and so affordable as well. Clicking over to check out those sneakers now too, the print is seriously cool.

39. Gabriela Vera
    Sunday April 23rd, 2017 at 10:29 PM

You definitely are rocking this outfit Thomas, you have great style. It’s awesome when you share the history behind a company.

Gabriela Vera

40. Queen Horsfall
    Monday April 24th, 2017 at 02:54 AM

I love your outfit and minimalistic vibe. I checked their collection and got a perfect vibe of NYC street style, no wonder they get their customers all over the world. BTW, did you finish decorating your new place? Want to hear about your new home!

Monday April 24th, 2017 at 06:30 AM

You are a true patriot! Staying true to your roots is what I totally dig about you Thomas! You should have pride in who you are and your country. I love love love that jacket and the message behind it! I really want one now, lol. Do they ship to the US? That would be amazing! It’s so chic and just my style!! Love the crisp sneaks too!!!

42. Helen Chik
    Monday April 24th, 2017 at 01:34 PM

That jacket is just so perfect on you Thomas and I love how you’re so patriotic and support other brands other than high street! I also love supporting local businesses and love showcasing other unique designers. The back of that jacket is my mantra at the moment!

Helen xx

Monday April 24th, 2017 at 03:11 PM

Oh congrats! The jacket is to die for and I love the meaning and feeling behind the design! You’re so talented… Here’s to many more!

44. Josie
    Monday April 24th, 2017 at 08:21 PM

Such a great collaboration Thomas. I like the fact that you’re always up to supporting local brands. This outfit is just perfect from head to toe. But that jacket just gave me LIFE. I mean, so edgy and UNIQUE. You know I’m a sneaker lover … these ones are super pretty with the reptile pattern!

Josie | http://www.petiteandbold.com

Monday April 24th, 2017 at 11:54 PM

This look is so edgy! Those ripped jeans and statement patches 😍😍

46. Morgan Ryan
    Tuesday April 25th, 2017 at 12:33 AM

Killer jacket! Love the black and white elements 🙂

47. Jacqueline
    Tuesday April 25th, 2017 at 02:11 AM

I think this has to be one of my favorite outfits that you’ve worn. Also, I love that you always feature other Swedish labels, it makes me learn about other brands that might not be so mainstream. I mean let’s be honest you look good and white and black. 🙂

PS hope you’re all settled into your new place!

Tuesday April 25th, 2017 at 02:11 PM

I loved the story you shared about how Stayhard got started and they seem to be very successful now with customers in 28 countries! I followed their Instagram page after your blog post as I love the collection you shared here. With all the awesome brands they carry I am sure I can find something unique for the guys in my family. Like I said before, I love to get to know more about beautiful Sweden through you.

49. Lisa mao
    Tuesday April 25th, 2017 at 07:41 PM

I love how you’re showcasing Swedish brands that your viewers may not be aware of. It’s so important to shed light on companies that deserve the same recognition even if they’re not a universal name like HM just yet. Stayhard features a lot of urban style clothes that look so fashionable. And that FREEDOM jean jacket you’re wearing has to be my fav by far

Wanderlustts

50. Natalia k
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 06:59 AM

You sure know how to rock the streetwear look.That jacket is ultra cool the arm and back details Make it truly a stand out piece,I love how you share all these Swedish brands with us as it really opens people like myself all the way in Australia up to new brands
    Xo
    Natalia

51. Laurelle
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 07:06 AM

Thank you for introducing us to these new brands! I love the jacket and jeans, they’re so trendy and street style chic!
    -Laurelle

52. Everest
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 09:07 AM

I love monochromatic outfits and this look totally nailed it. The stories behind these Brands are so diverse and it really helps consumers to understand and appreciate the concept and inspirations.

Xoxo
    Everest

53. Sarah
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 03:47 PM

This is the most perfect street style outfit, it seriously looks so cool. And I love that you are introducing us to so many Swedish brands. I completely agree with you, it is so important to support local brands. I personally always love learning about new brands, especially those with humble beginnings. Your jacket is seriously cool, I would totally wear it if I could get my hands on it. And those shoes are so perfect, I wonder if they make a woman’s range?

xxx
    Sarah

54. amanda
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 04:54 PM

I’m so glad you posted on this! I’ve been curious of Swedish clothing designers since EVERYTHING I’ve ever gotten that’s Swedish has been amazing. But I’m only familiar with Swedish accessories mostly. Although, I have heard of and love Dr. Denim! They are pretty amazing! Also, your jacket is beyond! I totally want it for me AND my husband! I’m adoring the texture of your sneaks!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

55. Darlene
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 06:02 PM

I love when bloggers support their local brand. and Sweden is booming in fashion (hello h&m). As a curious cat, I went ahead and open the link. I was disappointed that it was for men. But I saw few pieces that I would love to wear. do they deliver to Canada? I fell in love with men’s denim (I could actually wear them as they are pretty skinny) I would love to get my hands on this tho for real for my husband.

PS. Can I have the top-denim back? It’s so pretty

56. Andreea Birsan
    Wednesday April 26th, 2017 at 06:42 PM

I always love finding a little something about different brands and the way they started. Sweden definitely has a bunch of talented designers and that was proved by the sleek pieces you wore for this photo shoot. The denim jacket was definitely my favorite, and I’d have to agree with you, the white cap gave a boyish vibe to the monochrome outfit. Have a lovely day! xx

Andreea,

Thursday April 27th, 2017 at 06:12 PM

Sweden definitely has so much more to offer than H&M. It’s like a treasure trove.

Friday April 28th, 2017 at 01:11 AM

Too cool for school Thomas, too cool for school! This look is awesome and it looks like you’ve got ahold of some awesome pieces!

59. Hadasah
    Friday April 28th, 2017 at 01:48 PM

I love the fact that you introduce us to so many Swedish labels AND I’m seriously loving the black ripped jeans by Dr. Denim. They are so versatile. I have a similar pair and i wear them all the time. Also, I found very interesting and motivating how the brand started out.

As always lovely photography!
    Warm hugs from Miami

60. Thai Lam
    Friday April 28th, 2017 at 09:00 PM

Thomas, as I already said on IG – I am a huge a fan of of that statement jacket! That print is superb!

Saturday April 29th, 2017 at 03:36 AM

Dear Tommy.
    OBSESSED WITH THAT JACKET. I love how you styled this and I’m gonna hop on over to the website to check out what else they have cause I’m in love with this jacket. Sweden is killing the fashion game, and I’m happy to see you wearing another brand to support. H&M is great and all, but it’s not fun when everyone wears the same exact thing, you stand out from the crowd with this dope jacket.
    Keep it coming dude!