Hunting with Hunter

Hunting with Hunter

I’m what you’d call a hunter. I hunt for experiences, jobs, dreams, the truth (ok, that last one did sound a bit pretentious) and basically I hunt for everything but love. Those who try to for hunt love usually just want to love for the sake of loving somebody, but I believe love cannot be hunted down, it comes to you at the right moment when you’re least aware of it, how cliché that ever might sound. So skip those dating apps and just get out there and live your life. That’s what I’m trying to do, even though finding the love of your life at your local grocery store might not be the easiest thing out there, but it’s worth a try.

As long as I’ve known Hunter (the brand that is) I’ve always thought about boots and footwear, but when I was introduced to this classy rubberised leather backpack in yellow, I discovered not only a large range of products previously unknown to me, but also a history of a company dating back to 1856. Being a history nerd there is so much to tell, but let’s compress that to the fact that Hunter delivered boots to the British army in both World Wars and their high quality comes out of both experience as well as innovation.

This particular bag somehow got me into a rapeseed field (what a horrible name for a beautiful crop!) down in the south of Sweden and the field seemed endless. That brings me back to the concept of hunting. Whatever you’re hunting for it usually takes preparations, time and patience out of which the two latter ones are not my forte… However, wandering around these very high rapeseed plants made me feel tiny and for anyone having problems with pollen I wouldn’t recommend a visit, but there is something serene about a field covered in all yellow. I was hunting for serenity and I got my prey.

When you’re wearing something as colorful as this backpack, you need to tone down the rest of the outfit to make it stand out. That’s why I’m wearing a set of a jacket and a pair of shorts from American Vintage (which repelled the ever so sticky pollen from the flowers too for that matter). Now I’m off hunting for whatever’s next in my life and I know exactly what it is. The Fashion Weeks for Men begin in less than 9 days and I’m a tiny bit stressed out by that fact, but I know I’ll have the time of my life, so it’s so worth it. So to all you people in lack of motivation: Keep hunting, or if you haven’t got that far yet, let the hunt begin!

Cap: H&M
Backpack: Hunter Original Top Clip Backpack
J
acket: American Vintage

Shorts: American Vintage
Sneakers: H&M

Photographer: Joanna Bladh, Photostory

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 12:50 AM

I had no idea Hunter had such an amazing collection of items beyond the classic rain boots! Love how you styled this by toning down the other pieces by American Vintage. It really is so well put together and actually makes such a striking presence!
    As for the hunting… totally agree with the just live your life and your special someone will be found… forget the dating apps … you most definitely can meet someone in the supermarket or just anywhere! All I know is that you are completely lovable and it will happen!!!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Wow, these fields are gorgeous and such a perfect backdrop for this vibrant Hunter backpack. I have a pair of Hunter rainboots which I love, and had no idea that Hunter even made backpacks. If their backpacks are anything like their boots, they are durable, sturdy, and easy to maintain. Backpacks are so on trend now and easy to carry for travel, errands and day trips. I definitely need to look into getting one of these soon for summer travels! xoxo, Christine

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 01:01 AM

I love Hunter rain boots but had no idea they carried backpacks! The bright yellow color is amazing and I would definitely love to style an outfit with it. I can’t wait to see your recap of all the upcoming shows as I know you’ve been preparing for them!

4. Barb Brooks ~ SouthernBlondeChic
    Monday May 29th, 2017 at 01:27 AM

I hate to repeat the repeats but I only think of boots when you mention Hunter. This backpack is amazing – love the size and the color! The fact that you’re in a heavenly field of sunshine only adds to this pack’s Fab factor!
    And – as far as the hunt . . . I completely agree! I always tell my children (20 & 22) Live out your life and focus working on yourself so that when the perfect someone shows up you’ll be the perfect someone they thought they’d never find!!

Great Post Love!!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 02:05 AM

I say this all the time, I just don’t get dating apps at all. Someone usually pops up when you’re not looking.

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 02:07 AM

These images are absolutely stunning! You picked a great backdrop to showcase this Hunter backpack made of rubberised leather which is so practical and weatherproof. I own several pairs of classic Hunter rain boots which I adore and now I know what my next Hunter addition will be – one of their backpacks! As always you produce best blog post with great knowledge to share!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 02:31 AM

I didn’t know that they also made backpacks either! They are sorta cute. I am not sure why backpacks just seem super cute to me! haha. I’ve always wanted a pair of Hunter boots, they seem like my kind of winter boot! I love the yellow field, we have them here too, though I think we have Canola plantations, which is similar to rapseed. I haven’t shot in them before, generally every year a bunch of local bloggers go mad for shooting in them, so it gets saturated here. It looks amazing though in photos, like yours! Good call on the understated outfit to match!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 05:12 AM

These photos are amazing! Absolutely love the location and that yellow backpack is the perfect pop of color!

9. Edward Gelber
    Monday May 29th, 2017 at 08:22 AM

Your outfits look great on you! Loving this whole look!!!!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 12:53 PM

how true about hunting for love – it shouldn’t be done. love comes right when the time is perfect and when you need it most. it’s so magical that way (and painful too). on the topic of the bag – i had no clue hunter made anything but boots, so now i’m intrigued. it’s nice to know i can put all my things in something that wouldn’t be damaged by the rain! also, these photos are something else! seriously cool! i’d be turned into a giant pufferfish after being in a field that floral (also, yes, that is a terrible name for a plant hah) but it looks so good for you!

11. Taylor Mobley
    Monday May 29th, 2017 at 02:07 PM

Hunter boots are my absolute favorite shoes. I have at least four pairs (I might even have 5). I had no idea they made other things. This back pack is AWESOME. I also love history so those little facts you threw in were so interesting to me. Those flowers were beautiful (even if their name was not) and I wish that I had fields of flowers like that where I live. I have fields of corn but not fields of flowers. Anyways – the brand is fantastic and your message is also (as always).

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 03:55 PM

I love that you call yourself a hunter.. so fierce! I agree, I only ever thought about Hunter for their rain boots and had no idea they made other things. This backpack is great and you are rocking it in the photos!

Xx,
    Lauren // http://www.mylifeaslaurr.com

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Thomas, you chose THE perfect location to take these photos! I didn’t know Hunter produced backpacks as well ( I did receive a small cross body bag once when visiting the showroom in Japan) but this yellow one is such a cool statement piece. I wish there were more flower fields near my area so I can do romantic photo shoots like this. And I am so not a dating app person, I can’t even imagine trying to date someone from an app.. I do meet people from Instagram though haha! P.S. I will definitely do the posts you mentioned in your last comment 🙂

14. Martina caruso
    Monday May 29th, 2017 at 04:50 PM

Adorabile il colore di questo zaino… bellissime foto e complimenti per la location scelta💋💋❤❤❤❤

15. Open Kloset
    Monday May 29th, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Hey Dear Thomas
    Hows you?
    I never heard about Hunter, But I am obsessed:) The Yellow Backpack is Gorgeous and The Photos are incredible Thomas:)
    I am in Love with your Creativity:)
    Definitely need soma Backpack from Hunter:)
    And Love will find you, when you are Ready:)
    Everything happens in a perfect Timing:)
    Just Believe Thomas:)
    Love Kisses
    Karina

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 07:43 PM

I would have never guessed that Hunter delivered boots to the British army in the world wars! I certainly don’t mind a little history lesson here and there, as I didn’t really pay much attention in history class and it’s a lot more interesting hearing you and others tell it, rather than my boring professors and teachers, haha. That backpack actually looks like something I would wear, because of the bold color and its style. It also looks like it could be water-resistant as well, which is another bonus. I hope you have the best time at Fashion Week for Men. I can’t wait for your recap!

Monday May 29th, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Once again, you’ve enlightened me! I had no idea Hunter had been around since heather British wars! Wow! That backpack is stylish. The color immediately got my attention and I would love to sport. I can’t get over it. Hunter has given me a new perspective. Have fun at fashion week!

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 02:51 AM

Thomas I loved loved your photography – so beautiful. Great backpack and color. You are right love comes when you least expect it or stop and smell the roses. It will come to you when you are ready.

19. Luke Ross
    Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 07:53 AM

I couldn’t agree with you more, it is one of my favourite crops to shoot in but it has such a horrible name! Secondly, I love the backpack, it is such a great design and so practical and you have styled it so well with that muted outfit. Such a nice balance!

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 08:02 AM

Oh my! The images are just everything! I love the one with your cap backwards – so cute! 🙂
    I also love Hunter and for someone who lives in rainy Scotland – the brand is a saviour! I now need the backpack too 🙂

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 03:05 PM

i saw this yellow backpack on your insta and fell in loooove thomas! i love the vibrant color of it — just perfect for summer. and so jelly you got to shoot in a vast field of beautiful yellow flowers :O it’s so fitting! xo, sharon

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 06:26 PM

Thomas!I marvel at your imagination and how you see the things! Your imagination is boundless, and your perceptions surprisingly mature! Another great bag, i love bright colors!

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 06:35 PM

So cute this backpack never think it before they crafted other accessories . You represent brands what looking very nice with your style. Always original pieces like a collector. Good idea photographated on this awesome rapessed fields is really the perfect season .

Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 09:14 PM

What a cool history and origin Hunter has! I had no idea, so thanks for sharing!
    Also, didn’t know they had items besides rain boots and winter socks! This yellow backpack is LIFE!
    But let’s just talk about these amazing photos? I would die there, because I’m super allergic but I would definitely like to go to take some awesome pics like these!
    Thanks for sharing my friend! Awesome post as usual!

25. Kate Tik
    Tuesday May 30th, 2017 at 10:15 PM

Omg, omg, omg. I LOVE THIS! The yellow is just so captivating. Aghhhh. Thank you so much for sharing their story and also I didn’t even know they made other items. All I ever knew about was their rain boots.

katetik.com

Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 03:16 AM

my dear friend Tommy,
    Let me start off by saying I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PHOTOSHOOT LOCATION. If I was able to shoot there I would, I’d probably sneeze to death from allergies, but the shots are stunning. I loved reading about the history of hunter, you truly know how to hook us in my friend. That bag is so cute and you rock the yellow. Lastly, don’t you dare go hunting for love, it will come to you my friend. Please, when it does,one request, if you get married, I want an invite okay! Your gonna get the love you deserve one day. Beautiful post as always.
    Love, Dom

Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 07:01 AM

You in the yellow flowers are just so cute. You are so like me, hunting the things we love and not focusing love. You’re amazing Thomas.

28. ramet idrizi
    Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 01:52 PM

These images are absolutely stunning! Love it.
    You picked a great backdrop to showcase this Hunter backpack made of rubberised leather which is so practical and weatherproof. Loving your blog brother, looking forward to get again and enjoy reading. Keep it up!

Greetings,
    Ramet

29. Zivanka
    Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 05:43 PM

That Hunter backpack is in such a gorgeous a shade of yellow! Swoon! To be honest I never knew they carried accessories! I own a pair of hunter boots which carry me through winter and really horrible rainy days here in Canada, but now I know the perfect gift idea for a guy friend of mine 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing this!

Sweet as Fiction xx

Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 06:28 PM

Love that backpack (color especially) and that flower field is so beautiful. I agree with your philosophy 100%. Nobody should hut for love, just spread love into the word (love your family, people, animals, things that you do) and this love will come back to you with a right person.

31. michenn
    Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 08:04 PM

Wow, you seriously picked the most PERFECT location for this shoot. Like, it’s beautiful. The yellow bag with the yellow flowers, totally perfect. *insert hand clap emoji*

michenn

Wednesday May 31st, 2017 at 10:56 PM

First of all, I am absolutely in love with the photos for this shoot! I think you captured the essence of Hunter beautifully here and there is no better location than that field. Really stunning set of photos and that backpack is stunning to boot. It’s such a cool backpack, I want it for myself!

Thursday June 1st, 2017 at 07:54 AM

I am in LOVE with these beautiful photos!! The flower fields seemed endless and it matches with that gorgeous Hunter bag so perfectly. I’ve always known Hunter as a rain boots brand as well (in fact I didn’t even know it makes anything but the boots) The bag looked so chic as a utility bag with the silver buckles and I bet it is very versatile to take on any trips or outing. If I see it in red, I’m getting one!

~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

Thursday June 1st, 2017 at 08:21 AM

I agree this field is so serene! Seeing you in this field reminds me of a tiger about to pounce!

Thursday June 1st, 2017 at 02:27 PM

This Hunter bag is so pretty! love the popping yellow! I love how you always colour match your background with your outfits Thomas! How did you find the time to do all those photoshoot? Share your secret with us!!

PS: I always knew you are a hunter 🙂

36. Jerad Michael
    Thursday June 1st, 2017 at 08:42 PM

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS location! And the bag works perfectly here.

-Jerad
    neutralnomad.com

Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 04:58 AM

As usual I agree with your wise advice Thomas! I’m a hunter too, and so far I’ve always got what I wanted and hunted with all my heart. Except for love, as you point out. If one is obsessed with finding love he will be less likely to find true love. About Hunter the brand, honestly I was familiar with the boots only. Look at this classy backpack! Its quality is evident and it has a stylish design too. You styled it perfectly with a monochrome outfit, and made it stand out even in this huge rapeseed field. You will be doing great at Men’s FW! Will you be posting on Ig or other social media too? Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

38. Kirsten Wendlandt
    Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 11:59 AM

I’ve been a fan of Hunter for quite some time, but I didn’t actually know the story behind the brand! So thank you for sharing that with me. Also I absolutely love not only your Hunter bag, but where you shot it! These photos are sooo bright and fun, they really pop out of the screen. Love the bright yellow on you!

39. Britta
    Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 08:59 PM

Until now I only thought Hunter made Wellington boots! I love the colorful backpack and how it matches the beautiful fields! We have a lot of these yellow fields everywhere in Denmark and I love them! Unfortunately they do it stay yellow for long so we have to enjoy them while they last.
    Keep hunting for everything you want from life!

Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 11:53 PM

I had no idea Hunter made pack packs! I always associate them with rain boots. This looks like a great durable backpack and I love the color!

Saturday June 3rd, 2017 at 04:07 AM

I had no idea they make backpacks! That’s so cool, I love it. And I love how you tied in what you hunt for. Great post!

42. Morgan Ryan
    Sunday June 4th, 2017 at 10:21 PM

I love your opening about love and not being chased or hunted. Love is a beautiful thing and it’s one of the only things I learned I cannot actively pursue. Love the yellow, btw.

An overall beautiful ode to Hunter!

M

43. Andreea Birsan
    Monday June 5th, 2017 at 06:34 PM

If you put it like that, then I guess both of us are hunters ;). I swear you couldn’t have chosen a better location to shoot this yellow Hunter backpack! Adore it and the way you styled it is divine! Can I just steal it for my next summer getaway? It looks like it would fit a lot, including my laptop and camera. Have a lovely week ahead! xx

Andreea,

Tuesday June 6th, 2017 at 04:41 AM

I have zero doubt you will find love and it will be the perfect soul mate!

Now, I was so oblivious to Hunter having a back packs. This one is the perfect statement and these photos are absolutely stunning. You are perfect Thomas 🙂

Iliana | http://www.sophitisticatedfashionista.com

45. Brown Eyed Toast
    Tuesday June 6th, 2017 at 11:13 AM

I’m a HUGE fan of Hunter products (my black tall glossy boots have lasted me 7 years with regular use so far. If that doesn’t scream quality, I don’t know what else would) and recall seeing this exact backpack at the S/S17 preview here in NYC. Love how you chose and modeled it in the classic yellow color (I’m a huge fan of the crisp White version), and what a beautiful backdrop to photograph it in! I also love your beautiful take on what it means to hunt for whatever you desire in life- you just have to go after the things you want, the exception being love as you elegantly put. Finally, great call on pairing the backpack with a darker neutral palette to balance out the look. A beautiful photo series on such a quality brand and product!

xo Soo | http://www.BrownEyedToast.com

46. Jessica
    Tuesday June 6th, 2017 at 06:10 PM

I was not aware that Hunter had more than just boots nor was I aware of the history behind the brand. I love the bright color of the backpack. Thank you for sharing! Xo, Jessica

Tuesday June 6th, 2017 at 06:41 PM

LOVE Hunter products!!!! I didn’t knew about their back pack collection and this yellow one is juts so stunning and perfect for traveling! Where is this flower field exactly? So stunning!!

I have to say I agreed on hunting love.. Love just come to you in the moment you never expected but as for the rest I also consider my self a hunter lol

Tuesday June 6th, 2017 at 11:33 PM

OMG Thomas these photos are stunning! Only you would think to shoot a yellow backpack in a field of yellow – so clever! And Hunter is such an amazing brand! I confess I have a few pairs of their rainboots for me and my girls. And yes to living your life! You go hunt and gather 🙂

Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 07:04 AM

I am such a fan of Hunter boots but I had no idea they made packs too! I love backpacks so when I saw this I was floored! That yellow color is so bold and beautiful. Is it waterproof too like the boots? What a great shoot idea too! I can’t believe the name of the flower is rapeseed, but they sure are beautiful! Need to get me one now!

50. Eliza
    Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Hunter is one of my favourite brands since my teenage. I’ve always loved its preppy design and stylish appearance. And this rucksack is a great example of it. Love the location you chose for shooting this outfit, it’s so beautiful!
    I totally agree with you, when you’re wearing such a colourful and bright piece, you have to keep everything else as simple as possible. Love the way you did it. Looks great!

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

51. Diana
    Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 07:13 PM

Wow, Thomas! I never seen anything so colorful at your blog. It is quite different photoshoot you ever created. I love hunter brand since young age and own a few pair of their rain boots! I also got their backpack for my husband from their FW collection, but this yellow backpack is just so cool! I want one for myself!

52. amanda
    Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 08:21 PM

OH MY GOODNESS! So I’m going to come to Sweden JUST to take pictures where ever you are! I am completely blown away by the gorgeous natural landscape! I suppose I should eat some pollen to help with allergies first though! Worth the risk! I had no idea about the history of Hunter and I am even more impressed with them now! 1856 and they delivered boots to the British army?! Who knew! What a way to transition your brand so congrats to them on that! This bag is SO good that it completely stands out from this beautiful back drop! Is this a unisex bag? I’m buying it either way, just curious! Also, I met my husband randomly when I sold him a belt, while I was helping to train managers on a trip that I wasn’t even supposed to be on…. so I’m all about that grocery store romance kinda love! lol

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

53. Vanessa Berlin
    Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 09:47 PM

Wow, Thomas Love this post! What a great title, it’s so creative! perfect to share the Hunter backpack which is beyong gorgeous. Love its color, and you are totally blending in such a wonderful scenario, surrounded by all those pretty yellow flowers. I have a polen allergy, so It’s better to know about this fiel through your lens. Since I can’t visit it, hahaha!
    Have a nice day!
    Vanessa

54. Maryam
    Wednesday June 7th, 2017 at 11:11 PM

I had no idea Hunter also makes backpacks. I thought they only make boots. I actually have a pair and I really like their designs. This backpack is fantastic, I specially like the color. It’s great for traveling and makes a great gift!

xo, Maryam

55. Jacqueline
    Thursday June 8th, 2017 at 12:29 AM

Loving how you paired his! I love hunter boots and I had no idea they provided boots to soldiers for both wars. That makes hem extra awesome. Also had no idea hey had bags haha. But it looks awesome and spacious! And you’re right no one should ever hunt for love.

56. Warren Pasi
    Thursday June 8th, 2017 at 02:49 AM

I saw the shot you shared on Instagram and gagged over how beautiful it was which I shouldn’t be suprised because your photos are always so well produced. Great styling as always and who knew Hunter did bags always knew they had boots as who doesn’t have a pair of hunter boots but I didn’t know about this bag they had but now I do I know where I’ll be heading later today. Another great post Tommy thanks for sharing XOWP

57. Tandya
    Thursday June 8th, 2017 at 03:48 AM

Such a beautiful location for your photos! The perfect backdrop for your yellow Hunter Backpack. I love Hunter Boots and I had no idea that they also made bags. This would be the perfect accessory for a bike ride, hike or for going to the farmers market with. I am also a hunter! I hunted for everything, but love. Luckily that was spontaneous. Serendipity.

Thanks for sharing!

58. Alyssa Moore
    Friday June 9th, 2017 at 05:11 PM

I had no idea Hunter made anything other than backpacks. If I was to be in that field I would have ran for ever! Looks straight out of a movie. I totally agree not to go seeking for love. Love will find you when you love yourself. When you do things that you love 🙂

59. Jessica
    Friday June 9th, 2017 at 09:49 PM

A bright bag sure does bring attention, but in the bet of ways. I agree simplicity with a bag like this makes it look good. I love Hunter from their boots to their accessories. I actually have never seen their bags like this before, so now I’m tempted to search for them in a few colors! xo, Jessica