LFWM – What you thought you’d be wearing and what you actually wore

LFWM – What you thought you’d be wearing and what you actually wore

One thing is sure about fashion weeks. However much you plan your outfits and however much you’ve packed, things will change along the way. I had all my outfits for London figured out, but ended up wearing nothing of it like I thought I would. Let me give you a few examples.

For my first day I didn’t want to stand out too much and thought I’d just go with what I’m wearing above. A pop of color, my Donald tee from Gucci and being basic. Then as I arrived I realized, nope, this just isn’t going to work. First of all I didn’t think it was fashion at all (and you can be honest, it really isn’t when you look at the pic above) and secondly, it was too warm to wear it anyway. So I changed right about everything about my outfit into what you see below, captured by Pause Magazine and the talented Jake Hateley working for them.

Here’s another example. I wanted to go for the carpenter look with harem pants, a simple white tee and a backpack. Well. All good so far, but I realized no one would like even look my way so I ended up…

…wearing this thing below instead. I combined the harem pants with a metallic top, added a straw hat and whoops I had street style photographers swarming over me, in this case Viktor Sugeng. And yeah, for those concerned, the cigarettes are only there for the pictures as photographers love people in action (that is, smoking and let’s be honest, how else do you quench your hunger during FW?).

I haven’t had time to go through the internet yet to see how many pictures of me and my different outfits are out there, but when I do, I promise to make a full post of all magazines and webzines I’m featured in. Until then this is just a sneak peak into about 1% of my wardrobe and the lesson learned is: Don’t overthink it when packing. You’ll change your mind for sure depending on weather, mood or what not. Some days you just want to blend in for that matter.

Tuesday July 4th, 2017 at 07:33 PM

I really enjoyed reading this post because I couldn’t not agree more! I related so much to it because I normally put so much thought into my NYFW outfits but for some reason it changes in some way shape or form. I still love the looks you chose because it’s all about being comfortable in what you’re wearing and I think you still looked stylish. Can’t wait to read more of your recap!

Tuesday July 4th, 2017 at 08:52 PM

This reminds me of My first NYFW, I end up wearing nothing as I planned but you know what, it was till fun changing my looks. I love all your looks, you look amazing.

Tuesday July 4th, 2017 at 09:41 PM

Thomas I really loved the last outfit with the metallic top & harem pants. Great look.

Tuesday July 4th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

I can’t wait to see a compilation of all your media coverage! You should have that as a page on your blog 🙂

5. Lady Goldapple
    Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 02:05 AM

I really love the lat look on you, you did a great job and it’s so trendy.

Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 10:01 AM

I like harem pants and s simple white tee and a backpack, great casual oufit for everyday… But the second look is just perfect!!!! Metallic is now the trend numer 1 for me so i find it just amazing and inspiring!

Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 10:25 AM

I love all the outfits you’ve worn to LFWM, you def look like a cool casual streetstyle star! My favorite is probably the jogger/MC hammer pants, it is so hip and laid back and I can def see it worn dressed down with a tee or up with loafers. You def do not blend into the background, but rather shine like a blogger star!

xo Sheree

8. Kamen Kamenov
    Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Hey my dear.. thus is a reakky cool idea for a blogpost. I really enjoyed it. Most the last look, which is actually also my fave one.
    Keep the good work my friend
    All the best

Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 08:08 PM

Oh my goodness!!!! I have never in my life attended a fashion week or anything at all like that but strangely I could still relate!! So many times I had ideas in my head and things took a drastic difference turn. I really really really love the Donald tee. Really. And I don’t usually like character tees . And the next tee too , it was fabulous. But the harem pants with the metallic top ! Omg ! Super Duper Hotness !!

Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 08:30 PM

Go Thomas! You looked damn good in all of those outfits! I can see why you were featured in magazines and such! It’s so true that when you are traveling you never wear what you have in your head…never! I do this all the time. I go off of vines of that city rather than what I packed. My favorite outfit you wore but the way is the last one. It’s so 80s chic!

11. Lisa-Jane
    Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

The metallic top and harem pants are a DREAM combo! But yeah LFWM was SO hot this year must have made outfit planning a nightmare. You look great though xx

Wednesday July 5th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

You are a pro at fashion truly! I actually love the white tee and harem pants combo – the most stylish street look ever! I also love how you styled that Gucci Donald tee which is stunning by the way in two different ways. All the looks here are simply amazing and can’t to see more of your magazine features.

Thursday July 6th, 2017 at 01:34 AM

I love how you changed things up for fashion week! I typically plan ahead too but being flexilbe is part of the fun!

Thursday July 6th, 2017 at 09:15 PM

The remixed look with the harem pants and metallic shirt, I love much better! I would have been taken by surprise with this look too! While I actually love both looks (Even the one with the basic tee), the metallic top and the hat definitely amped up the look a lot!

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 01:09 AM

It’s so true, you can only plan to a point. You clearly packed well though because I love what you ended up wearing in the end, especially that last look. You look so sharp, Thomas. The whole look is stellar and worthy of being featured for sure.

16. Ana Vukosavljevic
    Friday July 7th, 2017 at 02:05 AM

I think that always happens on fashion weeks. But, what is more important that your actuall outfits turned out amazing and even more stylish then you first wanted! We didn’t expect less from you Thomas 🙂
    I looooved this second outfit, it’s so bold and cool!

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 02:23 AM

Ahh this was brilliant! I’m certainly someone who likes to plan ahead but it’s reminders like these that plans don’t always play out and that’s perfectly normal! I love what you wore in the end. The metallic top and those harem pants are the perfect combo. You definitely stand out and hold a strong, cool but mysterious vibe.

With love, Jenn

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 03:47 AM

I’ve never attended a fashion week before but I can see where you have to have many options and kind of feel it out as you go. While I love the outfits you planned to wear, I also like how you adjusted them and added more statement pieces to stand out. The metallic top with the harem pants looks amazing! I also love the long, belted cardigan you wore with the tee in the first look. Amazing outfits and I can’t wait to see the rest. xoxo, Christine

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 06:42 AM

This happens to me all the time when I’m about to go on a shoot. I plan something and right before I leave, I change the look completely. I actually like your second look better! Hahaha, sometimes when we go with our gut, it can work out even better. I lovvvve your harem pants tho! I really want them!

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 08:55 AM

Oh, you remind me…me! Ahaha nothing goes according to the plan usually. But tell the truth, I like your second look more, it looks more fashionable, while first one looks more casual.
    I love this post, such a great idea to write about it!

Friday July 7th, 2017 at 08:49 PM

You look fabulous as ever! oh looove so much the harem pants, they are my super favorite and also the way you paired them with the metallic top! so stylish! TOP JOB!!!

xx. Gina

22. Kallie
    Saturday July 8th, 2017 at 04:19 AM

Oh I couldn’t agree more. Probably the number 1 reason I always over pack is because I know my opinions on an outfit will change once I get to where ever I am going. I loved each look, especially the very last one with the metallic top….very hip and chic.

Saturday July 8th, 2017 at 10:13 PM

I’m sure you are always the most stylish man on FW Thomas! I’m so in love with the outfit on the last picture! Such an outstanding shirt!

Saturday July 8th, 2017 at 10:14 PM

I’m sure you are always the most stylish man on FW Thomas! I’m so in love with the outfit on the last picture! Metallic top in a pair with a hat is just perfect!

25. Debbie Savage
    Sunday July 9th, 2017 at 02:07 AM

This outfit looks so fantastic on you! I love to see how you put garments together! Always a hip vibe and I would love to be styled by you!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

Sunday July 9th, 2017 at 02:43 AM

My dear Tommy,
    I love this post. I love all your posts, but this just shows how human you are. You know I love to plan ahead, but just like you nothing always turns out the way you plan. I love how you showcased that with these looks, but in the end you shined buddy! YAS YAS YAS! When I got to the last pic I was like TAKE ME TO CHURCH TOMMY! That metallic DAMNNNNNN. Can you have a tv show that shows men and woman how to slay cause you sure as hell did, and you stood out dude! LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit! I am so proud of you!
    Love, Dom

Sunday July 9th, 2017 at 09:37 AM

It’s funny because my friend that’s been traveling to Paris for fashion week for the 3rd time now said the same thing – she’ll pack a lot of clothes and having the outfits planned, but changes her mind at the last minute. I try to pack lightly as I can so it doesn’t happen to me that much haha.. I do like the outfit you decided to wear with the T-shirt and shorts, I think you stand out more with that one, and the loose pants! Those look sooo comfy 🙂

28. Theresa Schiffhauer
    Sunday July 9th, 2017 at 11:22 AM

You have such a great and unique style! Your pictures are also always stunning! Keep on doing the perfect work and enjoy your day 🙂

29. Gabriela Vera
    Monday July 10th, 2017 at 01:33 AM

Gabriela Vera

30. Gabriela Vera
    Monday July 10th, 2017 at 01:34 AM

I always do that too Thomas, when I plan for a vacation I always end up changing my outfit. It’s surprising if I wear two out of five. I really loved all the looks but sometimes we dress based on how we feel in the moment. Always look forward to your new looks.

Gabriela Vera

Monday July 10th, 2017 at 04:59 AM

you look so amazing thomas! wow, what a chic and stylish look. Also love your louis duffle bag, so stylish!!

xo, samira

Monday July 10th, 2017 at 05:20 PM

whoa these are such eclectic looks — not many can pull them off but you surely did! totally fashion week material, you are fitting right in 🙂 hehe xo, sharon

Tuesday July 11th, 2017 at 06:09 PM

I always do the same lol! I think that the outfits you had planned were cool, but you definitely upgraded them to fashion week material without verging on the unwearable. A showstopper with a refined sense of style, pure perfection. And totally fit for London! You’re my rockstar, totally. Loves and loves, Valeria

Wednesday July 12th, 2017 at 06:00 PM

Haha the tee was so cute though! I know what you mean – it’s just so hard to predict as I always dress depending on how I feel that day, but it’s trickier when you have collaborations to think about!

You look FAB in all!