Milan + M.A.M.B | OSLO |

Milan + M.A.M.B | OSLO |

Fashion, Travel

As my schedule was a bit hectic in Milan, I unfortunately couldn’t fit any outfit shoots in it except this one, taken outside the beautiful cathedral ‘Duomo’ of Milan and although I could go on talking about churches forever, being the history nerd that I am, I’m actually going to talk about shoes and family. However those go together you might ask, but trust me, they do, just as [insert whatever] and family does as family is the core of our life.

I’ll give you some background to what I’m rambling about. The shoes in this outfit are from M.A.M.B | OSLO |and as you’ve already seen the Gucci tee and Things To Appreciate jacket before, I don’t need to tell you much about them, than the fact that message of freedom on the back of the jacket marry well into this shoe brand.

M.A.M.B | OSLO | is a Norwegian ready-to-wear shoe and clothing brand created by Me and my Brothers fashion agency. The project launched in December 2014 with a sneaker collection and a clothing line was launched in August 2015. They design simple and functional pieces with a clean line and an urban, yet classic focus in the fitting. Their work is a mixture of urban aesthetics and traditional craftsmanship.

Their look embrace the everyday wear and is influenced by the underground feel and urbanised culture of Oslo. If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said, what on earth that meant as Oslo (capital of Norway, if someone still is unsure of where we’re at) has for most parts of my life been a somewhat underdeveloped, boring city and the awkward hillbilly relative compared to Stockholm, but my opinion about Oslo has changed, thank God. Oslo is a truly vibrant city with an urban feel to it and so many things are coming out of there right now. Their music scene  is bustling and I’ll actually have to write a whole other post on that as I could go on forever about Norway, but I won’t. This post is about the M.A.M.B. | OSLO | project, which started as an idea and dream of the people working at Me & My Brothers (M.A.M.B.).

The company is run by two brothers and a crew of like-minded people considered as “adopted to the family”, hence the name Me & my Brothers (M.A.M.B.). The company started as a “boyhood-dream”, with a goal to dress and gather as many “brothers and sisters” to their vision of fashion as possible. The dream finally came true and has grown even bigger every day since it all started, which was as recently as 2014. So where does family come into this? On their page, M.A.M.B say “Family is the first essential cell of human society” and that couldn’t be more true. Family is what has helped me through tough times in life and family does not just mean blood relatives. Just as M.A.M.B. considers their customers, partners and followers as family, I consider a lot of you out there as mine. With that said I’m glad to be a part of the M.A.M.B. family and hope you will find it worthwhile to join our family too.

Cap: H&M
Tee: Gucci
Jacket: Things To Appreciate
Shorts: H&M
Tote: Gucci

Sunglasses: Kerbholz
Shoes: M.A.M.B. |OSLO|

Photographer: Yu Yang

1. Open Kloset
    Saturday July 22nd, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Hey Thomas,
    Hows Weekend Going?
    I am totally in Love With your Bag, since I saw in your Previous post:)
    How Classiy one:)
    And the Tee is so Cute and Fun:)
    Love that you matched with a White Sneakers your Look:)
    Perfect:)
    Happy Weekend
    Karina

Saturday July 22nd, 2017 at 10:33 PM

I love that you reuse pieces because I think a lot of fashion bloggers are afraid to do so! I’m all about versatility and I actually judge how many times I’ll wear a certain item before I buy it to make sure it’s worth it. I love the Gucci tee because it’s so fun and light and a great contrast with the jacket!

Saturday July 22nd, 2017 at 10:38 PM

We can read about churches from google so it is ok about shoes! Just kidding, i enjoy all your posts….
    Seems to be great projekt!Do they have some shoes for girls as well?
    Outfit is on the top as always!

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 05:04 AM

This jacket totally makes the outfit and I love the unique sneakers too!

5. Kallie
    Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 07:58 AM

I’m all about versatility and getting the most out of my pieces! Love your styling here , and that tee is SOO fun!!!

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 11:00 AM

I remember seeing this Gucci tee on your blog in the past and it was very chic. I’m loving the MAMB sneakers, they are so sleek and modern and really up my alley, I can totally see myself wearing it.

xo Sheree

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Nice outfit, very casual looking but stylish at the same time. I like how you combine clothes so much.
    This Gucci tee looks really great and is totally on point here.
    M.A.M.B. brand has such a great philosophy, family is the most important thing in the world and I like that this brand popularise this idea.

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 03:46 PM

I love the story you shared about this brand of M.A.M.B. and couldn’t agree more with what they said about “family” on their webpage. I can see the fresh and clean design of their collection from the pair you wore here, they are definitely a very unique pair of sneakers! You are good at mixing old and new pieces then make a whole new stylish and interesting outfit! Oh thanks for the introduction about Oslo :). We do business with many companies in Oslo and hope to get to visit that city one day soon.

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 07:59 PM

Nice how you talking the story behind the brand .i can imagine you without white sneakers, really;)) I like all you have ! The shirt and the bag is super cute and classy. Nice how you mix brands.

Sunday July 23rd, 2017 at 09:54 PM

Thomas I love the sneakers. Wish they made them for women. And I really love the red leather baseball hat. Perfect addition to your whole outfit. Great pop of color!

11. Gabriela Vera
    Monday July 24th, 2017 at 01:30 AM

Thomas even with the one outfit you were able to shoot, you make it look awesome. I love the Donald duck shirt and those shoes are nice. Looking forward to your next blog post as always.

Gabriela Vera

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 02:17 AM

I love the Duomo even without it being Fashion Week, but it’s a gorgeous backdrop to talk about these shoes. The brand sounds amazing and I’m becoming more and more obsessed with Scandinavian brands through you!

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 04:32 AM

What a fab mission statement for MAMB and so amazing that they have grown into a great company and make such amazing shoes. I love the minimalism of the design and how clean and sleek it looks. It is very urban and edgy and I love that they also look like slip ons. Family is definitely everything and as a company I think it is paramount that you treat your employees, partners, associates like family as well. I love Milan and the Duomo is such a gorgeous place to see and shoot. xoxo, Christine

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 05:02 AM

Those shoes are right up my alley! Simple yet stylish! I love this entire look on you and you know I want that bag!! Please send it my way! Great post Thomas!!

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 01:54 PM

You look amazing!!! So sad you don’t have more pics of this trip.
    These shoes are beautiful, chic and look so comfortable! Love how MAMB started and I couldn’t agree more. Family really is everything. And yes, not only blood relatives, but all the friends that become family along the way.
    Thanks for sharing Tom! Love these pics and love Milan!!!

16. Kamen Kamenov
    Monday July 24th, 2017 at 02:35 PM

Looking good so snatched my boy… love the look… u basically cannot go wrong with gucci. The shoes are so perfect as well
    I have never heard of the brand but will be checking them out right away. Love reading more and more and seeing even much more
    Xoxo

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 04:30 PM

Your sneakers are everything Thomas! How do you keep them so damn clean and white though?! LOL every time I get white shoes they get dirty like the day I get them -____- so annoying haha. I’m also loving that jacket! It’s so unique and different. Such a fun look as always <3 xo, sharon

Monday July 24th, 2017 at 08:26 PM

You always share the best small and independent labels, which frankly are some of the best labels out there. Thanks for sharing M.A.M.B with us! I can tell from the attention to detail in your sneakers that they really care about their designs. I can’t wait to check out their full collection. I’d be awesome to hear more about Oslo’s music scene! I love learning about new musicians and artists just as much as I love hearing about new indie labels 🙂

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 04:07 AM

Aww Thomas, I consider you my family too! So much of what you write here, I can relate to. Besides being the kicks fanatic I already am, the backend of the brand who created these makes me love them even more! Looks like I’ll also need to take a trip to Oslo. My first time hearing of it, but being that it has an urban edge and a flourishing music scene, makes it even more appealing to me. Glad you made time to share this outfit with us. It was worth it 🙂

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 06:31 AM

I’ve always wanted to go to Oslo because of all these amazing fashion pieces, and all the great stories I’ve heard! It’s amazing how places urbanised over the past few years to become so fashionable.

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Such a great look as always Thomas!!! Love your style, how you mix great statement pieces together and how you incorporate new designer and brands. I’m learning so much of the european brands thanks to you 🙂 LOVE the comfy kicks!

22. Charissa
    Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Love the story of M.A.M.B.! How much did you get photographed wearing this look? I think it’s totally cool and you so rock that tee Thomas!
    XO Charissa – http://www.ladygoldapple.com

23. Rametidrizi
    Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 02:02 PM

Hi bro you rocking this outfit,
    This jacket totally makes the outfit and I love the unique sneakers too!

Keep it up your amazing work.

Can’t wait to get back for new posts.

Greetings

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 06:30 PM

You are totally rocking this outfit, Thomas! I adored everything about it and that cathedral really complements your stunning look! you really did such an amazing job with all the outfits I have seen so far from all your fashion recaps. As always TOP!

xx. Gina

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 07:30 PM

Ahhh I totally loved reading more about the history behind M.A.M.B.!! It’s so great that they are all about welcoming in family! I definitely love the clean minimal sneakers! It’s so great that they have an easy fasten as opposed to tedious laces! The jacket is also top knotch! Love the freedom piece on the back! You always find the coolest brands 🙂

With love, Jenn

26. Kris
    Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 08:40 PM

Thomas, this look is amazing on you!!

Have a lovely day!
    xx Kris

Tuesday July 25th, 2017 at 11:14 PM

I am in love with this look!! that red hat is the perfect accessory to the entire look. I love how effortless you look and you styled this so perfectly! also adore the Gucci!!

Xo, Samira

28. Luke
    Wednesday July 26th, 2017 at 09:35 AM

I love that yogurt to create a marriage of Swedish and Italian brands while you were in Milan, such a perfectly balanced edit of emerging and established designs.

Wednesday July 26th, 2017 at 03:15 PM

Love the minimalistic design of the MAMB. It’s so simple yet stylish! I love some you styled such a simple pair with something popping and funky. Love the Donald Duck shirt!! It’s so cool!

30. Stephanie // A Sparkle Factor
    Wednesday July 26th, 2017 at 04:14 PM

Love that BAG though!!! GIMME! Haha! Such a cool look, I am obsessed. The Donald Duck tee is everything.

Wednesday July 26th, 2017 at 07:22 PM

You write so beautifully. I’m mesmerised and try to learn every time I read your posts. I know where Oslo is, but honestly I haven’t formed an opinion about this city. Therefore I would love a post focusing on Norway. MAMB is an acronym with a deep meaning: it conjures up an idea of brotherhood among friends that gather downtown. A clean, urban grunge style which suits you so well. I loved hearing their story and I’d love to be part of the family! Much love, Valeria

32. Jerad Michael
    Thursday July 27th, 2017 at 10:42 PM

That jacket is so cool, love it!

-Jerad

33. Kirsten Wendlandt
    Friday July 28th, 2017 at 02:30 AM

Thomas, I was honestly wondering after reading your last post how on earth you would have had time to do outfit photos lol!! It sounds like there just wasn’t enough hours in each day. I love your sneakers and I love how you always go into detail about the brands you introduce us to. I feel like I learn so much from reading your blog about brands I wasn’t aware of before. Thank you for taking the time to always write such detailed posts!

34. candi
    Friday July 28th, 2017 at 07:40 AM

I totally agree with wearing pieces again and again Thomas! I’m kinda a creature of habit myself so I always like to re-wear comfortable essential pieces – ain’t no shame in that! I’m amazed you could find time doing this shoot though, I feel like you’re always so busy doing stuff, but as usual, I love this post!

candi xx
    thelollychase.com

Saturday July 29th, 2017 at 01:23 AM

I love how you always explain in detail about the story behind each brand you represent on your blog because it shows how much you care about the clothes you wear. It would actually be so cool to read a post about the churches in Milan and other places you’ve traveled haha. The Gucci T-shirt is the cutest ever, and after my trip to Paris and visiting the store there, I’ve come to appreciate the brand even more 🙂
    Samantha

Tuesday August 1st, 2017 at 01:49 PM

Dear ( My ) Tommy,
    I am so thrilled to be introduced to M.A.M.B. I definitely love the background story and can appreciate the classic elegance of their footwear yet simply marvel at how up to date and sophisticated they are combined with your look. I actually ate at a Norwegian Restaurant last week at Epcot ! Lol ! Just had to tell you that ! Thank you so much , once again for the amazing inspiration!
    All my love,