Yotel New York

Yotel New York

Beauty & grooming, Travel

If you want a place which is both affordable (well, everything is relative, but this time around we’re in New York), comes with great comfort, contemporary design, not to mention views, I’d want you to get acquainted to Yotel. The rooms of Yotel are inspired by luxury aircraft design and that can really be seen in the fun and quirky inventions the rooms come equipped with. The views are taken by me and it’s the actual view from my room on the 20th floor. In New York that’s no world record in how high you can get, but the view is still impressive and having the location just around the corner from Times Square makes it perfect whether you’re visiting for business or leisure.

In my case it was purely business as I was in NYC for Fashion Week and when people tell me “omg, how glamorous” my answer is that during my six days there I got to see my hotel, two warehouses which served as main venues and got a few hours off to send my family postcards. So much for the glamour and that’s why having a great place to crash at when your day is over is ever so important. Yotel offered me just that. And oh, of course Teddy offered me company as, where he goes, I go (or vice versa, not sure yet).

Yotel has multiple bars and a restaurant and also the largest outdoor terrace in New York.

On the terrace you can either relax in their comfy couches…

…sign up for a movie night while watching the skyline…

…or just be quite stunned about it all like I was and hence look lost.

My skin care routine consists of one full smaller sized suitcase (not kidding) to avoid that tired look which is somewhat inevitable with no sleep, 37 (close to a 100 Fahrenheit) degrees outside and a schedule running from 8 am to 2 am in the morning… I had some new friends along for this trip out of which one was a shaving kit from HYMM. I’m usually an electric razor kind of guy, but lately I’ve been trying to take the time in the morning to actually get a closer and smoother shave as it makes a better impression. A constant favorite of mine is the Mádara Hemp Lip Balm and something I always travel with, a deep hydration mask from Verso. The cute shower gels from Sephora are always on the go as I don’t trust complimentary hotel beauty products and yeah, I know I’m weird like that.

This is the view I fell asleep to. Every night. Seeing the Empire State Building is emotional for me as that’s an iconic landmark and one of the first places I visited in New York back when I was a kid. That was pre 9/11 and I remember the security wasn’t as rigorous as it probably is today, I mean, a visit to Freedom tower consisted of four (!) security checks before actually getting up to enjoy the view. What about Yotel then? For me it was perfectly located, the room was clean and up to my standards of contemporary design and the lobby was more like a meeting spot for both tourists and locals alike and made me feel like I truly stayed in a hotel designed for me and my alikes. Thumbs up!

Photographer: Kyra Ross

Sunday August 27th, 2017 at 09:05 PM

Yay another hotel review! I love hearing what other people think when they stay in NYC since I live here. That view is amazing and I love that there’s so many things to do at Yotel 🙂

Sunday August 27th, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Dear (My) Tommy,
    As usual I was completely thrilled to see that you published a new blog post and even more excited to see it was about your time in NYC! I love all your travel posts and hope to explore each and every one of the places ( well, wish) but NYC is where I will most likely be spending time in soon! We are only a few hours away so it is a great place for a quick weekend away. I was in total awe of the time and the amazing things you got to see firsthand at fashion week and I can absolutely understand why it was so important to find a hotel that was not just accommodating but a true memorable experience. You definitely needed to be pampered and spoiled and you were with these gorgeous views, the amazing lounge and I really want to see a movie up there at Yotel! Teddy must have truly enjoyed all this luxurious comfort too! Now, as for your beauty routine I did some exploring and I’m really interested in trying the mask! I’m saving this post and will definitely look into staying at Yotel ! Thank you so much,
    Your Jenny

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 02:27 AM

I’ve been to New York a few times, but never have I stayed in a hotel with a view this incredible. You can literally see all the skyscrapers! Believe it or not, I have never seen the Empire State Building up close, but I am sure it is quite the experience and to also wake up and fall asleep viewing it. Yotel definitely sounds great, being affordable and comfortable, which is important to me so I can spend more money on food and shopping rather than housing!

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 05:01 AM

The Yotel sounds and looks incredible! It has the best views of NYC! I’ll be there in about two weeks and I would love to visit that hotel just to sit on the rooftop or to chill in the lounge. Oh and Teddy is sooooo cute!! I love him! And your beauty regimen sounds a lot like mine! I have to have all of my essentials when I travel!

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 06:12 AM

I’m going to New York in less than 2 weeks for Fashion Week also! Yay! We actually looked at this hotel but my lovely friend had some sort of disclount for another hotel so she managed to get a great deal elsewhere. This one is perfect as last thing you want is a horrible room with itchy sheets after a busy day on your feet working! Big love.

6. Kamen Kamenov
    Monday August 28th, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Hey babe. What a beautiful view to wake up to. Just stunning. I have to be honest… i have always wanted to visit NYC but did not had the chance for that yet. But thanks to u now i know which hotel delivers really comfortable and delightful accommodation. Thank u for that. As for Teddy… i am curiuous to understand who is taking who? Let me know when you have figured the answer out. 😁
    Stay safe
    Xoxo

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Sorry for my absence , but I was busy with my swim races. So nice experience to see from your room this gorgeous view of Empire Building. Yourhotel is pretty cool and love the sofa with the colorful pillows I’m glad you care about your skin for me also is essential.

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 01:59 PM

I went to a party here once but haven’t had a chance to return after! The hotel really is beautiful and perfectly located!

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 04:32 PM

Dear Thomas, you always choose the best accommodations for your business trips. I know how important is to get back to a clean, good looking and comfortable place after many crazy hours out and about. I like the interior design at Yotel, the magnificent view and the possibility to chill out watching a movie or just sipping a drink. And I’m weird like that: I never use complimentary bath products, unless I’m in a SPA! Loves and loves, Valeria

10. Suzanne Spiegoski
    Monday August 28th, 2017 at 06:13 PM

I’m soooo in need of a staycation! Gotta check this place out, it looks so luxurious yet comfy! Thanks for sharing, boo! xo, Suzanne

11. Sweet as fiction
    Monday August 28th, 2017 at 06:43 PM

I am totally digging those boho vibes from their couches. What I really love about Yotel is how modern and chic their interiors are. I’d definitely stay there on my next visit. Bookmarking this pronto 🙂 Thank you for sharing.

Sweet as Fiction xx

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 09:31 PM

OMG Tom I’m so jealous!! You always stay at the coolest hotels everywhere!
    Love hearing about new, cool hotels in every city you go to!
    Hotel looks amazing! Dying over that terrace. Also, your photos are stunning as usual 🙂

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Seeing the Empire State Building is my dream. Some day when i will be in USA, i will definitely look into staying at Yotel ! Thank you for your advices! Have a nice day!

Monday August 28th, 2017 at 10:30 PM

What a great hotel and the views are to die for! The rooftop movie night area is so cute if you have time to catch a flick and the evening skyline with the view of the Empire State Building is the money shot. I love the cozy bed and headboard and the room looks like it is decorated very chic and modern. I love how you always show what travel products you take along on your trips! I need to go visit NYC soon and stay here! xoxo, Christine

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Wow – that view from your room is so amazing! And I love how modern the hotel is. Everything is so minimalist which is exactly what I look for in a hotel. Hope you had an amazing time in NYC!

16. Helena Marz
    Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Oh my goodness! This hotel looks amazing and that view is perfect! I’ve been to NYC twice and I love it! I will be going there for Fashion Week!

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 02:21 AM

Thomas this hotel looks great. I am heading to NYC next week for Fashion Week but have already booked my hotel. Will have to check it out.

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 03:04 AM

For a moment I thought your title was a typo haha! What a modern hotel design, and the bartender sure is a cutie! I love all the more homely additions to the hotel like the beach chairs, and all those cushions to give real comfort in the city xx

Bernice | IG @bunnybernice

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 07:32 AM

What a chic hotel with amazing view of all the skylines of NYC!? I envy that you would wake and fall asleep to such glamorous views. NYC will always be my favorite place to visit, I say visit because I can’t stand the cold and Cali has my heart. Whenever I go, I try to find new places to stay, I mean you cannot run out of places to stay in NY. Yotel looks like the perfect little retreat for a modern guy/gal. I like the rooftop terrace and how cool is it that they can host movie nights there?! A rarity in the city. Glad you had a great time and a fabulous stay at Yotel.

xo Sheree

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 02:48 PM

I would love to stay here when I go back to New York! The day and night views both look stunning, and the outdoor lounge space does not look like you’re in the city (and that’s a good thing). Traveling AND working at the same time definitely requires a comfortable place to rest and Yotel seems like it has all the accommodations. Definitely thumbs up!

21. Iliana Garcia
    Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 03:07 PM

I’m heading to NYFW and this hotel may just be the one I stay at. I love all the photos the view is amazing and I love that it accommodates those who are staying there for a work trip. Now, the fact that they host movie nights is my favorite part!

Iliana | http://www.sophisticatedfashionista.com

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 04:18 PM

Yotel is so modern, open and clean. It has such an amazing view of New York’s prime destinations. The view of the Empire State building at night is amazing and breathtaking. I hope to visit NY soon. It’s been ages since I’ve been and this really makes me miss it!

23. Kathryn
    Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 04:26 PM

This looks like a fabulous place to stay! My husband and I are going to NYC for Christmas!!! Love it!

24. Kyleigh McCollam
    Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 05:30 PM

This view is absolutely incredible! I usually stay with friends when I go to New York, but I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for when I vacation there next! What an experience! Also loving your skincare routine products. No wonder your skin is glowing! Thank you for sharing!

Tuesday August 29th, 2017 at 07:05 PM

The Yotel hotel is absolutely incredible! views are so stunning, I love NYC with these glamorous views, I would love to stay at this hotel for my next visit to New York. You look so awesome in these shots, style is always amazing!!!

xx. Gina

26. Life of a Sister
    Wednesday August 30th, 2017 at 02:05 AM

I am definitely coming back to this post next time I visit NYC! We love visiting and experiencing new things every time!

27. Amy
    Wednesday August 30th, 2017 at 03:28 AM

Wow, love these photos Thomas! That hotel sounds and looks so amazing! The next time I visit NYC, I must check out Yotel, thank you for sharing this hotel with us all. The outside view and interior of the hotel looks like one that I would love to stay at! 🙂
    Amy // (beyondbeautybyamy.com)

28. Azanique
    Wednesday August 30th, 2017 at 01:04 PM

This hotel is so gorgeous! I love those fun colorful couches and the rooftop set-up! So fun

– xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

29. KatWalkSF
    Wednesday August 30th, 2017 at 02:46 PM

You are adorable! Love that I just discovered your blog!

-Kat

Wednesday August 30th, 2017 at 05:50 PM

This hotel is such a pearl. Everything from the bar area to the view and decor is incredible.
    I think it was really important for you to stay in such a cozy place like Yotel because of your crazy schedule.
    I want to visit NY so bad and seems that now I know where I would stay 🙂
    All your pictures are amazing, like always and I love your hotel reviews so much!

Thursday August 31st, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Ahhh! I might be going to NY to visit a friend (after all the fashion week madness though) and was wondering about where to stay. I have never heard of the Yotel before stumbling across your post but after seeing all the photos it looks like a great place to stay and unwind after meeting friends in a hectic city! You and your little teddy are the cutest Thomas! xo, sharon

32. Sami | The Classic Brunette
    Friday September 1st, 2017 at 05:11 AM

I’ve only been to NYC once, but didn’t actually stay in the city! Yotel looks like an awesome place to stay!

xo
    Sami
    The Classic Brunette

33. Charissa
    Friday September 1st, 2017 at 10:02 AM

I can’t wait to go to NY as well! I’m probably going this year… exciting!
    The “Yotel” looks amazing 😉 Would love to stay there as well.
    XO Charissa | http://www.ladygoldapple.com

Saturday September 2nd, 2017 at 07:35 PM

My dear brother Tommy, First off where is my postcard at? SMH… lol jk. Gosh I am so proud of you. Even though you didn’t really get to have some “me time” you are one of the most grateful people I know. That view of this hotel reminds me of you and how bright you’ve been shining, and regardless of how tired you may get, how happy you are doing what you love is everything. This hotel is so pretty and totally my kind of vibes. That rooftop is everything and this post seriously makes me wish I was with you on your adventures!
    Can’t wait to check at the Yotel one day, maybe P can treat me there, aha.
    Love you!
    Your brother, Dom

Monday September 4th, 2017 at 01:17 AM

I saw your photo on Instagram in your hotel room and was wondering what the theme was because I could tell there was one…now I know! 🙂 It does look like a first class cabin, which I love even though I can never sleep on planes haha! Yotel’s rooftop cinema is so very cute. Looks like the perfect date night spot.

Monday September 4th, 2017 at 06:36 PM

Hello Thomas,

I would absolutely love to stay at Yotel! It looks completely charming and the terrace is just wonderful I just see it in person. The entire interior design is the perfect combination of elegant and incredibly inviting!
    Happy to know more about your skin care routine. The best choice of products ever.

37. Madcatfashion
    Tuesday September 5th, 2017 at 09:55 AM

The hotel looks so minimalist and very sophisticated at the same time. I like the terrace view on the city. I’ve never been to New York yet but when I will br traveling there I’ll definitely check the rooms on the hotel. Thanks for sharing it.

Tuesday September 5th, 2017 at 01:48 PM

As a City girl I’ve passed by that location but I’ve never popped inside. Gotta go check out those colorful bars! That location really is ideal for NYFW plus it’s so close to public trans which other than by foot, is the only way to get around NYC. Thanks for sharing your latest skincare routine – I love hearing what other people use! And I love that you brought Teddy along – you always make me smile Thomas 🙂

39. Maggie
    Tuesday September 5th, 2017 at 06:50 PM

Yotel looks so great! I’ve already heard of the many unrestful nights during fashion week and I’m so glad you found a place where you can really get some good sleep. It’s essential in surviving Fashion Week. The interior is modern and sophisticated and the view, oh my, how can anyone get sick of that beautiful concrete jungle?

Also, I’m really loving your laid-back looks here especially the all white outfit. You totally stand out against that patterned sofa.

xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    ❤Clothestomidnight.com

40. Lani
    Tuesday September 5th, 2017 at 07:35 PM

The futureisitic vibe at hotel yotel is so fun, and I’ve been to their rooftop bar which is a great time. I’m also the same way when it comes to my travel size soaps I always stockup at Sephora before my trips even if I’m staying at the Ritz. I guess our hair is just very particular and high maintenance lol! (Not us, just our hair, and skin took maybe) although fashion week is fun, I have to admit I’m kind of happy I won’t be in NYC for this one. Those 8am-2am days are a killer!

41. Jacqueline
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 05:42 AM

I keep telling you that I need to go to New York and this place sounds amazing. Love a food place with a bar and gorgeous view. Looking forward to all your adventures in NY!

42. Natalia k
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Yotel looks like a great place to stay in New York which is one of my favorite cities
    That view is to die for and I love how they have an area for movies. I also take a small suitcase for all my beauty supplies which people usually laugh at , but hey I’ll be the last one laughing. I don’t trust hotel amenities either with regards to the beauty supplies so I always take my own as well.
    Xo
    Natalia k

43. Diana
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 01:58 PM

NYFW is always fun, no matter how hard it can be, specially running from show to show. I never stayed in Yotel hotel, but heard it is very nice. Cuz FW is quite pricey, I usually stay somewhere affordable because I don’t spend so much if time in hotel anyway. I hope, next time you will be able to explore New York, there are so many things to do.

44. Open Kloset
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 05:05 PM

Hey Dear Thomas,
    Hows you?
    Ohhhh another Amazing Hotel, Yotel looks so Modern and Love the Design:)
    If I visit New York, definitely will check out:)
    Loved the Bathroom pictures:)
    The Yotel looks very comfortable, if I travel, I work too so for me this is super important:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina
    Happy Week

Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Definitely having a great place to stay after a long day it feels so nice!! Would love to add YOTEL to my list next time I’m in NY since the views look amazing and love the design too. The terrace couches look so comfy. Thanks for sharing a great hotel.

46. Vanessa Berlin
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 06:44 PM

Great Post as always, Thomas. It looks like you enjoyed staying at Yotel in New York after a long day full of activities. I loved the design and decoration, It is so chic and that terrace has a wonderful view, admiring The Empire States, wow! so amazing!
    Thanks for sharing this great option!

Oh, I almost forget to mention that I looooved the colorful sofa!
    Vanessa

47. amanda
    Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at 10:20 PM

Hotel Yotel… I like saying that! So cool that it’s inspired by aircraft design! I loved the lounge area! I always love vibrant seating areas! I feel you on packing! Better to have to much than not enough right?! HYMM shaving kit looks amazing! It definitely sounds like something my husband could use! Mádara Hemp Lip Balm sounds fantastic. I’ve got lib balm, lip oil, lip scrub all packed lol! Oh and I’ll have to check out Yotel for my next stay maybe in Jan!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

48. Rachel Holliday
    Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 02:31 AM

I’m so desperate to visit New York and if I ever do I will definitely consider Yotel- those views alone are enough to make me go! The hotel looks like it has so many fantastic amenities- those outdoor areas and the outdoor cinema both sound like wonderful places to relax after a jam-packed fashion week day.

I’m loving your palm tee in the first photo too- and teddy is very photogenic 😉

Rachel xx

49. Jill
    Thursday September 7th, 2017 at 03:55 AM

I love NYC!! I can’t wait to head back over. We’re planning a trip next year so I will definitely check out YHotel. I like to stay at different hotels so that I can check out whats on offer – but this one sounds like it’s got it all… Even great bathroom products! Thanks so much for sharing. J. x P.S. I love your teddy!

Sunday September 24th, 2017 at 07:23 AM

Totally agree with you, hotels are in New York are so expensive!!!! Yotel sounds unreal for me!!! With the reasonable price, and the view, the contemporary design, this whole deal sounds like a great bargain!!! The room looks very comfy and cozy and I love stay in contemporary hotels!! It just vibrant very positive energy !! Thanks for sharing!! Saving this hotel for my next visit to New York.