For this post I got to collaborate with Deichmann, who celebrate a 10 year anniversary in Sweden, to show you guys my five favorite shoes for the fall season. By now you all know that I’m basically always wearing white sneakers, whether it’s a formal occasion or just strutting down the street. If you’re not a sneaker fan like me you might not have noticed it, but in my collection there are over 70 pairs of white sneakers, so take a closer look next time you’re on Instagram and you’ll notice the difference. Today I’m not here to talk about my love for sneakers however, but about stepping out of my comfort zone for the fall season by trying on something different. Not to shock you too much I’ll actually start out with a pair of white sneakers, but keep scrolling and you’ll be surprised.
1. Plain white sneakers from the inhouse brand Venice. Need I say more. I could go on with this thing about white sneakers forever, but as you can see, they go equally well when you’re hiding in your hooded pink parkas as they go with a blazer and a tie. The thing about white sneakers is, however, that they do tend to get dirty, especially in the rain showers and sometimes muddy streets fall provides us with, so that what makes these sneakers which retail at 399 SEK a bargain. Simply, you don’t have to compromise on quality, but don’t have to watch your every step and still wear crispy white kicks to match the crispy weather.
2. As you also know, I love high to mid tops when it comes to sneakers and these brown/navy blueish mid cuts from Memphis One are a perfect compromise when you want to add something edgy, fashionable, yet wearable to your collection of shoes. Retailing at 349 SEK they’re once again a bargain and the color switches depending on the lighting so they’d go well with a pair of blue jeans or chinos as well.
3. I don’t think I need to go on with the white sneaker situation. I’ve been looking for sneakers that go perfectly with autumn colors (yeah, I tend to blend British and American as I do happen to love the word ‘autumn’, ‘fall’ has a negative connotation to it) for years now from various brands, but haven’t found what I actually am looking for until now. These light brown sneakers from Memphis One for 349 SEK have finally cured me of my phobia for sneakers in other colors and at a bargain price at that.
4. Brown boots from Venice (the brand that is, not the city) is probably as far from my comfort zone I can get, but turned out to be my favorite ones out of the whole bunch as they’re both comfy and will keep my toes warm this winter. After my trip to Canada I’m even considering becoming an outdoorsy person. That is, my perception of outdoorsy: a nice walk in Central Park dressed in something like this. Oh, and the price? 549 SEK…
5. These Court Royale’s from Nike are online exclusives at Deichmann are a must-have with their somewhat hard to define navyish color contrasting with the beige sole that make them irresistible. Pair them with basically anything and you’ll still look good, no matter what. Being Nike, they retail at 799 SEK at Deichmann, but are still priceworthy in comparison to a lot of things out there.
Some of you have never heard of Deichmann, so being the history nerd that I am, here’s why I personally love them: Heinrich Deichmann, born in 1888, opened a cobblers’ shop and ran it with his wife Julie back in 1913 in Germany. Two generations and 104 years later, the company has developed into Europe’s market leader. Deichmann is currently active in 26 countries with about 3,800 local shops and employs approximately 38,252 people. Now as always, Deichmann is a family business that believes in growing through its own resources. For those not familiar with the company I like to compare it to the H&M of shoes; Good quality and great design at a price point all can afford.
Photography by: Timothy Gottlieb
This post is sponsored by Deichmann, but all opinions are and remain my own.