The Phone That Actually Made Me Change My Mind

The Phone That Actually Made Me Change My Mind

Lifestyle

Ok, take it from a real iPhone nerd. I’ve had each and every one from the beginning, and although I intend to keep my phones, I’ve been convinced there are other alternatives as well. In collaboration with Leica, HUAWEI flew us to Frankfurt last week and this is what makes all the difference.

Huawei revealed their highly anticipated HUAWEI Mate 10 and HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro featuring the world’s first artificially intelligent chipset with dedicated Neural Network Processing Unit (NPU). With AI-based enhancements and machine learning integrated throughout, the device delivers the ultimate smartphone performance. Something that made a photography nerd and an amateur photographer (yes, the two can be combined) awestruck.

Forget about Snapseed and what not. This picture was takes with the built in editing tools. And as I’m is somewhat used to posing, I had to pose both or me and approx somewhat techy people around…

…as for others, which I didn’t mind at all.

The partnership between Huawei and renowned professional camera maker and optics expert Leica Camera grows even stronger with the HUAWEI Mate 10. Consisting of 20-megapixel mono and 12-megapixel RGB dual sensors, the New Leica Dual Camera results in more detailed and better quality images than ever before. Zero shutter lag, thanks to Huawei’s brand new Dual ISP on the Kirin 970 Chipset, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), which keeps images and videos sharp and focused, and dual lenses with the world’s largest aperture of f/1.6 put the capability for professional photographs into the hands of the everyday user. If you ask me, that sounds all nice, but the important thing is that it takes pro pictures without any effort to it!

Behaviour-driven deep learning ensures the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series offers the world’s fastest smartphone experience throughout the day and the device’s lifetime, and the combination of the 4000mAh battery and smart power-saving technology means your phone has your back when you need it to. Should the handset need a little more juice, there is no need to be chained to an outlet for hours on end – HUAWEI SuperCharge gets you up and running in no time at all. A single, safe, 20 minute charge can supply a whole day’s power. Say what, iPhone?

For those looking for a phone that performs as well as it looks and feels, the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series is the ultimate all-rounder. Whether it’s being used on the go, taking holiday snaps or for business, the AI-powered device is more than just a smartphone. Delivering ultimate performance with its speed and efficiency, the new Mate 10 Series marks the start of the era of the intelligent machine.

For more information please visit: http://consumer.HUAWEI.com

Follow Candid Magazine on Instagram, here.

1. Shaine
    Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 07:12 AM

didn’t know Huawei has these great features, they’re amazing! great post babe!

xx shaine

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Dear ( My) Tommy,
    Wow !!!! HUAWEI Mate 10 series is absolutely what I need. First of all the fact that you can take such beautifully captured images and that the editing tool is right there just amazes me. I feel that I’ve tried so many cameras and editing apps and even phones that claim to take such great quality pictures but really it’s not effortless and actually not even at all easy for me. Then seeing these pictures you took is the proof. I love the one especially with you in the hat and a little bit of hair sticking out. Seriously belongs in a magazine!
    Thank you so much for writing this just in time for me to attempt holiday pictures!
    Your Jenny

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 11:20 AM

I don’t really know much about technology but I could tell that the quality of the photos were amazing! I’ve never heard of Huawei phones before but I’m definitely going to look into it now. The tech seems very ahead of the other phones out there!

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 12:30 PM

That’s so cool to be able to take such high quality photos from just our phones! Personally never owned this brand before, and it’s not big here in Australia but it’s awesome to see what international brands are doing in other markets! So keen to see this firsthand xx

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 03:15 PM

Being bloggers, you know we love a phone that can take the best pictures and have the best editing techniques and this seems like the one! Your pictures look great! I need To take a look at this phone too!! Wow! Oh and I love your shirt!

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Wow the quality of the photos look amazing! I think it’s always great and fun to see the new technology and what new features companies come up with!

Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 07:56 PM

Thank you for sharing such great quality images combine with amazing editing techniques. Your pictures look so sharp and vibrant. I’m always looking for new ways to better make my pictures better. Would love to try it!!!

8. Darlene Anderson
    Thursday November 23rd, 2017 at 08:48 PM

I’ve seen my other favourite bloggers like ohhcouture was so into it. I wanted to have one but still couldn’t bring myself to convert. I love the photos you took and maybe I will get into it once I try it myself! regardless I love your photography

Friday November 24th, 2017 at 12:13 AM

Wow the camera and editing apps on this makes the photos so crisp! Love the quality and love that long puffer you’re wearing!

10. Zivanka
    Friday November 24th, 2017 at 03:35 AM

Technology is moving fast these days so it’s no surprise this phone was released with these great features! Thanks for sharing this. Great post! 🙂

Sweet as Fiction xx

11. Kirsten Wendlandt
    Friday November 24th, 2017 at 02:45 PM

Ok this phone actually sounds so great! I’m really impressed with the photos you were able to take on it and it sounds like it’s got so many awesome features. I’ve always been an Iphone girl, but I just might have to look into getting one of these next time!

12. Open Kloset
    Friday November 24th, 2017 at 04:27 PM

Hey Dear,
    Never Heard about Huawei:)
    But this phone is super interesting, Have to check out:)
    Being a Blogger, to have a Good phone what takes very Good Photos for me very important!
    So Amazing that you shared with us:)
    I have now Iphone but definitely will check out:)Happy Weekend
    Kisses Karina

13. Bianca
    Friday November 24th, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Wow! I’m very impressed with this phone! I had no idea it had so many features! Thanks for sharing!!

Friday November 24th, 2017 at 06:57 PM

Huawei sounds amazing & your photos look amazing. I need to pass this on to my photographer. Great for bloggers. Thanks for sharing.

Friday November 24th, 2017 at 09:25 PM

I never thought anything can even make me think of parting from my iPhone but then you mentioned Leica and their contribution to this smartphone and now I’m rethinking my stance!! I’ve been wanting a Leica camera in forever but sadly can’t really afford it at the mo. I am checking this phone out asap!

Friday November 24th, 2017 at 10:44 PM

It’s always nice to hear of alternatives to the iPhone just in case and the HUAWEI Mate 10 series sounds amazing. The photo quality is incredible and I love that it can be charged so fast! I haven’t actually heard of this brand before at all so thank you for introducing me to it. This is a great gift idea too and I will have to check it out. xoxo, Christine

Saturday November 25th, 2017 at 10:35 AM

I cannot get over the quality of the images! Did I tell you that Leica is my absolute favourite camera brand? Such an exciting collaboration my friend! Glad you could share with us!

18. Simonetta Lein
    Saturday November 25th, 2017 at 06:20 PM

I am seriously thinking about this phone. I have an IPhone and I am tired of having to go to the Apple store for problems… this might be what I need

19. Vanessa Berlin
    Sunday November 26th, 2017 at 05:24 AM

I can’t believe I have never heard about the HUAWEI Mate 10, and after reading your post I realized that it’s a great option to try. Your images are very good and lt has so many features for all the bloggers out there, including myself hahaha. I love Apple and I can’t literally live without my Iphone, but It’s great to know about such a good brand an option like this one.
    Thanks for sharing my friend!
    Vanessa

Sunday November 26th, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Wow Huawei takes amazing photos!!! I’m also an iphone nerd, I have been using iphone since when it first came out. It’s gonna take a lot for me to switch to another phone too. However, I do struggle a lot with iphone’s battery issues. Every time I go out have a long day, I have to bring a battery pack with me, and it takes so much space in my going out purses. It’s amazing how Huawei takes only 20 mins to charge and it would last a whole day! It’s would be a lifetime changing experience for me too!! I will definitely look into this phone.

21. Valeria
    Sunday November 26th, 2017 at 09:17 PM

These pictures you took with Huawei are spectacular Thomas! You converted me too! Of course the subject makes a difference! I love that puffer coat, you’re always uniquely stylish! Love, Valeria

22. amanda
    Sunday November 26th, 2017 at 10:14 PM

I don’t keep up to date with the newest tech so it’s definitely nice to come hear and learn about HUAWEI Mate 10 series. I do have all apple products just because of ease of use. The photo quality is incredible and that there are but in editing features! Fast charge is absolutely a plus too! I’ve never heard of this before so I thank you for the introduction! I’m definitely headed to check it out now!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

Monday November 27th, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Very nice . I heard a lot about Huawei many of bloggers using that for takes pictures. It’s practic and useful. To reduce our time to editing etc. Great technology I love this kind of phones what mLe mi life easier and more simplified 😉

24. Kamen Kamenov
    Monday November 27th, 2017 at 11:56 AM

Oh wow… I am intrigued my darling…. that sounds so damn perfect… is it even true. Of course it is when it is coming from you. 😘
    Now I know what my next phone will be and thank God for Huawei
    Xoxo

25. Eliza
    Monday November 27th, 2017 at 05:13 PM

I’ve heard so many things of HUAWEI, and now when they’ve partnered with Leica, the camera must be fantastic. I love the quality of the Leica’s cameras, it’s probably one of the best in the world. So no wonder for me, if someday HUAWEI will replace iPhone on the market.

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

26. Samatha Mariko
    Monday November 27th, 2017 at 05:30 PM

Oh woah the selfie quality on this phone is so good!!!! I would never have guessed these other photos were taken on the Huawei, they look like they were taken on a camera!
    xo Samantha

27. sheree
    Monday November 27th, 2017 at 06:24 PM

Wow! This is so interesting! I had never heard of this before, but after reading this I am definitely going to look into it more. I didn’t know that they had such advanced technology! It would totally make me rethink my iPhone

~xo Sheree

Monday November 27th, 2017 at 09:39 PM

Wow! That is so cool! I haven’t heard of this before but I will look into for sure! Thanks for sharing all about it and so glad you love it!

xo, Samira

Monday November 27th, 2017 at 11:24 PM

That phone is amazing! I’ve actually never been an iPhone girl and love my Samsung but I recently saw the google phone and need to try that so bad! This Huawei phone definitely looks like a contender thou. So impressive!

30. Gabriela Vera
    Tuesday November 28th, 2017 at 02:44 AM

You remind me of me when it comes to getting the NEW iPhone every time it comes out. The Huawei phone takes amazing pictures too, it’s amazing how technology changes every few months.

Gabriela Vera

31. Luke
    Tuesday November 28th, 2017 at 07:28 PM

I have to be honest, I use my phone more for pictures and social media than for anything else so you totally got my attention with those shots, such great depth to them! I’ll definitely have to check out a Huawei.

32. Natalia k
    Wednesday November 29th, 2017 at 02:02 AM

Wow I didn’t know the Huawei had all those features!
    I love my DSLR but I hate lugging it around as it’s so heavy and cumbersome
    It would be so nice to have a phone that takes really clear pictures and iPhones are notorious for their short battery life so any phone with longer battery life would be a godsend for me.
    I’m sold!
    Xo
    Natalia k

33. Jacqueline
    Wednesday November 29th, 2017 at 07:10 AM

It’s times like these i realize iPhones haven’t come along that far. That’s so crazy this was all taken on the phone. Literally so wild. Something to consider now that I’m due for an upgrade

34. Tandya
    Wednesday November 29th, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Wow the HUAWEI Mate 10 sounds amazing! I am a huge fan of Leica cameras, so I definitely have to look into this. 20-megapixel mono and 12-megapixel RGB dual sensors is next level! I’m an iPhone girl, but may have to finally make the switch.

Thank you for sharing!
    Tandya

35. Rachel Vogt
    Friday December 1st, 2017 at 12:31 AM

Oh did you see our Fyuse app on your new HUAWEI phone?
    @rachelvogttrends

36. Sofia
    Friday December 1st, 2017 at 06:29 PM

I don’t know if i could ever switch away rom having an iPhone. Its so convenient as both my desktop and laptop also are apple products and they all sync together. Even with all these amazing features, theres the convenience that stops me from getting anything else.

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 03:58 AM

This is so funny we are like living the same things.. on my Eurotrip I was in Paris and one of my friend he is the manager director of Huawei in France and he was totally trying to sell me this new phone because I’m iPhone to death. I have to say after what he show it what it does and the features looks pretty cool and awesome. The pictures turn out very cool actually- I’m considering if I should change or not – reading your post help me to convince my self more lol

38. Massiel
    Thursday December 7th, 2017 at 01:22 PM

The pictures on that phone are amazing! I’m not surprised since it has a Leica lens, but very impressed with the quality, the definition and focus is fantastic!

Maybe something to put on my Christmas list?