Rocky road

Rocky road

Fashion, Life itself

Sometimes it feels like life is a rocky road and to be quite honest, I’ve been feeling it a lot lately. That’s until I actually sit down, think about where I am right now in life and realize how far I’ve come. There are a few bumps here and there, but really, I’m more than happy with what my life looks like right now. I might be a bit lost on where I’m heading tbh, as I’ve got not only one or two, but rather 20 things going on simultaneously. That doesn’t stop me though. I will sit down and think through where I’m actually heading in my life and my career.

Sometimes you need to face the fact that reality bites, but also appreciate what you have and live in the present. I keep preaching about the two latter ones all the time, but truly I’m really bad when it comes to following my own advice. I’ve taken up meditation again just to clear my mind (preferably) twice a day and that helps me gather my thoughts. In these days when the Christmas lights have been lit and we’re closer to the big holiday everything somehow feels better and I feel stronger than in a long, long time.

Bomber: Elly Pistol
Shirt: Garcia Jeans
J
eans: Cheap Monday

Shoes: H&M

Photographer: Joanna Bladh, Photostory

Sunday December 3rd, 2017 at 10:11 PM

I’m sorry things area bit up in the air for you at the moment, Thomas, but I know you’ll pull through. All things will pass and you’re so right about staying present and grateful for all the positives in life. I wish you a very happy holiday season! XOXO

Sunday December 3rd, 2017 at 10:13 PM

I was really excited to see that you published a new blog post because I always look forward to reading about your experiences and seeing the new styles and settings. This post I was happier to see the last line which stated that you were feeling better. I hope and pray and have faith that it will last and only get better. I’m here for anything you need.

( Your) Jenny

Sunday December 3rd, 2017 at 10:22 PM

I can definitely relate because I have moments where I am going through a funky phase and get too caught up with my thoughts and emotions. I am actually feeling like that currently but like you said you need to be able to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. When it comes down to it, it’s not about what happens to us but how we react and I know you’ll get through this!

Monday December 4th, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Such a lovely post Thomas! I totally feel you on this because I’ve felt the same way. You should appreciate how far you’ve come!

5. Simonetta Lein
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 01:14 AM

I am so happy to see that you feel better and you are back full of beautiful and positive pictures. Keep it up my dear!

Monday December 4th, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Thomas your post is right on time. You are so right about living on the moment but what you’re even more right about is taking our own advice! This is something I need to do myself! And about your outfit, fly! I’ve been so into plaid, men’s shirts lately. I love them! They are so stylish and can be worn many different ways.

7. Eric Jess
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 05:20 AM

Makes me really feel like I need to get out to nature.

Eric Jess

8. Dom Baza
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 07:12 AM

My dear brother.
    You and me always reflecting on everything. Now I don’t know what’s been going on with you bts, but i will know soon, since we always talk. I’m glad your doing okay and you are back on here inspiring us all with your beautifully written and shot posts. Let’s keep moving forward and climbing, you and me always come out on top. We find a way. Always here for you. And btw I love the light shining down on you. Every little thing is gonna be alright.
    Love you!
    Your dear brother, Dom

Monday December 4th, 2017 at 08:43 AM

Life definitely is a rocky road. Maybe less than 1% of the populations in the world would have a smooth path. I guess that’s also the fun in Life, the DOWNS in our lives will make us to cherish the UPS even more. Love this bomber jacket. The red lining inside has definitely spiced things up a little 🙂

Monday December 4th, 2017 at 03:14 PM

First of all, love this outfit and these photos! You are so good at creating and telling a story Tom! 🙂
    I know exactly how you feel, but it’s part of life my friend! The important thing, is that overall you are happy!
    Hope you feel better soon!

11. Nicole
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 05:32 PM

Glad you are doing better, this time of year is usually a bit more stressful to me as a mom with 4 kids and all the hoop-lah surrounding the holidays! But I’m doing my best to stay grounded and remember what is most important! Take care and happy holidays!

12. Open Kloset
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 07:10 PM

Hey Love, Thomas
    How are you?
    I understand you 100% and I felt this too but you always do such an Amazing work and you Did so much already:)
    We have to be always positive even if it is more difficult.
    Love the full Look Thomas, the shirt is Amazing on you:)
    The Jacket tooo:)
    Perfect Style:)
    Happy Week
    Kisses Karina

13. Megan @ Lush to Blush
    Monday December 4th, 2017 at 10:03 PM

I can absolutely relate to this. I love your sense of self though, and that you are doing your best to be aware of your emotions and turn hardships into triumphs. I also LOVE that you’re meditating!! So awesome.

14. Jessica
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 01:38 AM

I can totally relate. I’ve been feeling in limbo at times, homesick and frustrated with my progress. That’s the thing though, I have made progress and so have you. I think we both need to try and take your advise and celebrate all that we have accomplished! I’m happy you’re feeling better and stronger right now ❤️

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 02:29 AM

I agree life is made up of bumps and rocky roads along the way but all of which make us stronger and survivors. You have accomplished so much already and have a lot more to go! This bomber is so chic and I love the red lining inside. It’s such an unexpected surprise to the look. These Cheap Monday jeans are a perfect fit on you too! Xoxo, Christine

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 03:50 AM

Thomas I feel so identify with this post because just last week on my 30th bday I felt the same way!! Maybe was the 30 crisis lol but I agree meditation of where you are and analyse yourself it’s a good thing. No matter how many bumps and rocky roads we will get they always teach us a lesson and let us to a better path in life. Sending all the best vibes from Panama.

17. Iliana Garcia
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 04:10 AM

Totally can relate 🙂 I love reading your posts, it’s good to be back.

As for your outfit, I love the jacket and plaid. It’s super casual but looks great.

Iliana | http://www.sophisticatedfashionista.com

18. Azanique Rawl
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 04:47 AM

You are killing it! I love that jacket and the inside pop of color.

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

19. Marisol Avila
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 05:21 AM

Hey there! I know about getting into a funk. The holidays bring good feelings and sometimes some sad ones too. Great style btw

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 07:36 AM

The red plaid top goes beautifully with your bright red jacket! You’re always making statement outfits xx

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 07:48 AM

I totally agree — life is a rollercoaster filled with unexpected bumps in the road but I love your perspective on it! I’ve heard a lot of great things about meditation and I need to try it!

xo, Samira

22. Nataly
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 01:16 PM

Keep up the good work Thomas! It’s never a fun feeling when you aren’t quite sure which direction you are headed! But, have confidence and follow your passion! I am loving your style here too! Great plaid shirt!

23. Suzanne Spiegoski
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 03:31 PM

This time period can bring all sorts of blues to many. I’m sorry it’s been a rocky road, but remember it’s not the destination but the journey that counts! And you’re doing so much, keep going… you will be fine I promise! Sending lots of Light & Love. xoxoxo. Suzanne

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 04:05 PM

I can very much relate to this post right now. Life feels pretty dang rocky for me, but you’re right – if I stop and take a moment to look at how far I’ve come, I can be pretty proud of where I’m at. I’m glad to have someone like you writing posts that make me really consider my whole life!

25. sheree
    Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 07:25 PM

This is so inspirational! I am so happy that you have begun meditating to help during these stressful times. It is truly a magnificent tool to stay happy in the present moment. It’s so nice to hear that you are a place in your life where you feel very accomplished and happy with how far you have come. Keep up the positivity!

~xo Sheree

Tuesday December 5th, 2017 at 07:33 PM

Love the plaid shirt and the way you styled the whole outfit! I said before and I say it again, I love your style, Thomas. I enjoyed reading your post because right now I am also trying to focus more on the present and breath more and enjoy even more. Hope you had fun on Hamburg and can’t wait to see pics and a new blog post about this experience. xx. Gina

27. Komal Patel
    Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 01:07 PM

Def relate! Life can be hard and sometimes you want it to just be over, but then the little things make you happy, lights and all!

Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 02:25 PM

Sweetie I hope you feel good and when you down please write more pats for us, we are all friends. I’m glad for you the forever of Christmas gives you to be stronger and I hope for other people become good persons 😉
    Regardless of what you wear I couldn see you without your white sneakers, beautiful and characterize you.

Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 02:36 PM

You know so many of us get stressed about not knowing where we want to be or go in the near future. I personally think that we don’t need to know the future and just simply enjoy the natural flow of things. Living in the now as you say. I need to take up meditation!

30. Shruthi
    Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 03:35 PM

Life is so interesting. One day good things happen and we like it, one day tough things happen and we hate it. For me, keeping a constant stream of gratitude everyday regardless of what happens, keeps me consistent and that helps me take on life with whatever is thrown my way that day haha! Also, I LOVE your style! Super chic.

Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 03:36 PM

I’m glad you are seeing things in a positive light! I can very easily relate. It feels like everything has been pretty rough lately, but I realize how good I really have it and it makes everything easier to handle.

32. Amanda
    Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 06:47 PM

Life always throws some bumps at us– hopefully the challenges will just make you that much more stronger!

Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 07:51 PM

so funny i was just talking to another friend yesterday about life’s rocky road. with the holidays coming up and having a super cramped schedule, i definitely think things could be better but depending on the perspective i decide to look at it, it’s a positive thing too. even though i’m stressed out from all the work i have to do, i’m pretty blessed that i am staying busy and making progress! we’ll conquer life’s challenges together thomas! you look amazing as always <3 xo, sharon

34. Sweet as Fiction
    Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 09:46 PM

Meditation really helps so great to hear you’ve taken that on. Just getting physically active with help you deal when times seem questionable. Always keep your head up 🙂

Sweet as Fiction xx

35. Gabriela Vera
    Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at 11:22 PM

I know the feeling Thomas. I quit my 40 hour job and got a 20 hour job so that I can focus on blogging full time. November was such a great month for me and December is even more crazy. However, I am thankful for everything I have and done this year. Although this business has it’s ups and downs at least I know it is temporary. I never been happier. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Thursday December 7th, 2017 at 01:31 AM

There are always ups and downs in life. You cannot enjoy the ups if you don’t have downs. I hope you choose to find the positive things (and I hope they find you) in life and I hope things turn out better for you especially as the holidays approach. We are always on your side Thomas!

37. Samatha Mariko
    Thursday December 7th, 2017 at 03:45 AM

I live by those words too. Reality can be really f*cking harsh sometimes, and I’ve had my fair share in recent years. But it’s all about perspective and how you can use those experiences to your favor. Anyways, I’m pretty excited for the holiday season coming up, do you have any plans?? 🙂
    xo Samantha

38. Jasmina
    Saturday December 9th, 2017 at 02:03 AM

You have impeccable style, and with white sneakers you really can do no wrong! Interesting photography too, linking your rocky road in your photos with how you’re feeling. But you’re right, Christmas lights just have a way of making everything seem brighter x

39. Bianca
    Saturday December 9th, 2017 at 05:13 PM

I love your bomber paired with this plaid shirt! So chic!

40. Kamen Kamenov
    Sunday December 10th, 2017 at 09:28 AM

Hey babe…. let me start by stating the obvious…. u look so so stunning…. and now after we have established how shallow I am… haha… we can move forward
    I understand so good where u are coming from…. i feel like I could have written that post… because I feel the same…. exactly the same. Thank God it is beginning a lot like Christmas right?
    If u wanna talk…. I got ur back babe

41. Valeria
    Sunday December 10th, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Dear Thomas, sometimes the total absence of routine your job implies can be overwhelming. But as long as you are this insightful and realise it’s time to stop and meditate, you are doing great. You took these pictures in the most flattering light, you look especially handsome my friend. And I love how you rock that plaid shirt! Big hug, Valeria