19 Hours In Ibiza

19 Hours In Ibiza

Travel

Last week I was invited to a short press trip to Ibiza to visit a restaurant, which will be the topic of my next post, but before that I just want to share a few postcards from the hours I had to myself walking around Old Town Ibiza and actually getting a sunburn while doing so. This is not your “What to do in Ibiza” guide as I feel doing that if you haven’t visited something so futile, the same reason I don’t promote products on my social media I don’t personally believe in. So basically, enjoy the scenery and my attempts at selfies as this was my first trip since I began blogging where I didn’t have a photographer with me, but actually spent the entire day alone in Ibiza until it was time for the press dinner. Quite a lovely feeling to be able to be a simple tourist even for a day.

These cute doggies were literally in every alley in Old Town Ibiza and I had to take a picture of one, despite the fact that I basically wanted to take him home with me, but I guess someone would have missed him as he was wearing a collar. The old town is surrounding the medieval castle which is situated high on a hilltop with views all over the island and just walking around there (with plenty of hydration along the way) was amazing. Next time I’ll hopefully be doing more of the legendary clubs and beaches of Ibiza, but I did actually go for a quick swim in the Mediterranean just to be able to say that I’ve swam in it this year too, haha. Be back with the restaurant review soon!

1. Mariann Yip
    Monday June 18th, 2018 at 06:13 PM

I’ve never been to Ibiza but always wanted to! Did you take your photos with a tripod or self timer? They still look great! I’ve acrually haven’t been on an international press trip but definitely want to. I’m glad you were able to tour the city a bit before dinner because I like to have alone time before diving into a social scene. Can’t wait to see youe other post following the day!

2. Stefanie
    Monday June 18th, 2018 at 08:04 PM

you really took these photos yourself? the angles and quality are great I would have never known! I have heard amazing things about Ibiza and these pictures show how beautiful it truly is. I would want to take that cute little doggie home too!

Monday June 18th, 2018 at 10:41 PM

Oh my goodness, there’s so much color! I’m in love! You always make me want to travel more haha! And there were dogs just wandering around? I mean, come on. My heart is about to explode with happiness. It’s so pretty! I love how your photos turned out. Self-timer goodness, my friend!

4. Cara Newhart
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 12:44 AM

What a gorgeous place! Loving all the color. I still need to visit.

xo, Cara

5. Helena Marz
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 01:34 AM

Wow your photos are gorgeous and the scenery of course! So colourful and bright. That dog looks soooo adorable and if it was just a wandering dog I would have wanted to take it home with me. Sounds like it was a great trip! ❤️

6. Taylor Mobley
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 02:13 AM

For not having a photographer – you sure still managed to get some incredible pictures! I would LOVE to go to Ibiza and I am definitely going to try to travel more in the next year. Thanks for sharing the beautiful colors and and views.

7. Lauryn Hock
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 02:48 AM

Ibiza is on my travel list! It looks so full of history and culture

8. Azanique
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 03:12 AM

What a cool town! I love all the culture and beautiful colors. I would love to take a trip there!

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 05:25 AM

omg i am so jealous you got to go to ibiza! and how cool it is you got to check out a restaurant there. i would love to visit one day as i’ve heard so many great things about the place and seen lots of really nice photos (including yours!). so many bright colors and pretty alleyways. can’t wait to see your restaurant review! xo

10. Kileen
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 09:23 AM

How awesome to have a day to take this town in! It looks like such a beautiful place. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about Ibiza, and the photos make me want to go even more. Definitely on my travel bucket list!!

Kileen
    cute & little

11. Tonya Tardiff
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 12:54 PM

All of your pics are incredible I’m so surprised you didn’t have a photographer! I’ve never been to Ibiza before but loved this post!

12. Open Kloset By Karina
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 01:55 PM

Hey Darling:)
    How are you?
    Ibiza is on my Bucket List:)
    The Photos are so Beautiful Thomas:)
    Just in Love with this place:)
    Definitely want to Go 🙂
    Wish you Beautiful Week
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina
    “True Beauty Comes From Within “

13. Deborah
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 02:26 PM

I LOVE Ibiza! How awesome that you got to go! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

14. Carolyn
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 03:17 PM

I love seeing these snapshots! Great job. It looks like a place full of charm and character!

15. Kenzi || Life of a Sister
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 03:24 PM

I’ve heard Ibiza is an amazing place to visit! I love the photos you were able to capture!

16. Nailil
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 03:24 PM

I have heard of Ibiza my whole life. Yet I have never been. It may be time to add it to my travel list.

Xx, Nailil

17. Megan Elliott
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 05:57 PM

I’ve actually never been to Ibiza but I’ve always wanted to visit! Looks like such a beautiful city. You got some great pics! Can’t wait to hear about the restaurant! 🙂

18. Steph
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 09:11 PM

How amazing!! I’ve always wanted to visit!

xo, Steph | UrbanBlonde.com

19. Helen
    Tuesday June 19th, 2018 at 09:55 PM

This place is so beautiful! The pictures you post are all beautiful! I will definitely include ibiza to my travel list

Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 09:38 AM

I’ve never been to Ibiza! Crazy about going though as have heard so many things about it from families and fellow bloggers alike. So many gorgeous landmarks and beaches. Your pictures are incredible and you’ve done so much in 19 hours!!! 🙂

21. Kirsten Wendlandt
    Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 04:09 PM

Wow what a quick but amazing trip! I’ve always wanted to check out Ibiza, it looks lovely. And I can’t wait to hear all about the restaurant you visited!!

xox Kirsten // http://www.kirstenwendlandt.com

22. Gabriela Vera
    Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 04:53 PM

Looks beautiful there Thomas, your pictures make me want to travel more. Thank you for sharing you experience with us.

Gabriela Vera

Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 05:15 PM

You did a great job with the photos! I don’t know what I would do without my photographer aka husband. I guess I’m stuck with him wherever I go, lol. I mean that in a good way haha! Glad you had a day all to yourself in Ibiza. 🙂

Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Pretty post and cute doggie hehe like a new friend. Nice to spend some hours in Ibiza sometimes is better then nothing. I hope you enjoyed a swam in the Mediterranean Sea.

Wednesday June 20th, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Omg how cute is this place?! I love the architecture and the colors! I’ve nfvee even heard of thus place until this post. I must see it with my own eyes! And if you took those pics by yourself then you did a wonderful job! I was literally wondering how you got such a good shot!

26. Samatha Mariko
    Thursday June 21st, 2018 at 05:07 AM

19 hours in Ibiza seems much too short, but you did a great job capturing the essence of the area you visited 🙂 The weather looks fantastic and I love the mix of new and old buildings and the colorful streets. Dream destination for sure! I’d definitely want to check out the Medieval castle on the hill though- I love historical sites 🙂
    xo Samantha

27. Rachael Sia
    Friday June 22nd, 2018 at 01:24 PM

Damn that’s the dream!! What a great press trip to be invited on! all your shots look amazing and I can tell it was such a great time 🙂
    x
    Ray

28. kelly Fordon
    Friday June 22nd, 2018 at 03:29 PM

Ibiza looks beautiful! I’ve always wanted to go, and this just proves I need to make it happen!

Birdie Shoots

29. Valeria
    Saturday June 23rd, 2018 at 11:43 AM

I read your restaurant review and it was brilliant! Nonetheless thank you for showing us around the most quiet places and beautiful landscapes of this island, mostly known for its movida! You did great without your photographer! I bet you enjoyed some time by yourself as a tourist! Tons of love, Valeria